- Complete chapter 2 to unlock Persephone; who can then be found in her cabin on Flynn's Ship
- You will need about 14,000 to 15,000 gold to unlock all of a character's upgrades
- you will also need the skylander's Soul Gem if it is a Giants' series 1 character.
- the Winged Sapphires reduce the costs, but only 2% at a time
- The Luck-o-tron [on Flynn's Ship] can be upgraded with wealth and luck wheel(s) that are found in a few of the chapters. This will speed things up a bit
- A modest random treasure hoard (200-1000) is found behind the elemental doors in the Game Room on Flynn's Ship.
- After completing the game, there is a 5000+ treasure drop located on the Crane Deck of Flynn's ship
The Long Way - Using a Giants' series 1 or 2 character:
- If you are using Tree Rex or Jet Vac from the Starter Pack, you'll have to find their Soul Gems late in the main story
- If you use series 2 Cynder, you'll not need to find her Soul Gem
- Simply play through the early chapters using Cynder as much as possible until you have earned enough to upgrade all her abilities
The Quicker Way - Using a previously upgraded skylander from Spyros Adventure:
- When you first use the character in Giants, make sure you assign ownership: press Select > choose Manage > and then Ownership.
- if the character is already fully upgraded the trophy should unlock
- otherwise, play Giants with the character to earn enough money to purchase the final few upgrades.
The VERY QUICK Way - Using SWAP Force and the Sky Diamond:
- You will need
-- Skylanders SWAP Force
-- The Tower of Time Adventure Pack and its Sky Diamond
-- A friend, or Drobot (series 1 or higher)
-- Any Giants or Spyro's Adventure skylander
- Start SWAP Force and have completed the first chapter
- In Woodburrow, play co-op and add your skylander and either Drobot, or another skylander with a fast rate of fire - Lightwing is another good choice.
- Head over to the training dummies on the eastern side of Woodburrow
- Position Drobot, or a fast-firing skylander, next to the top dummy
- Position your character next to the middle dummy
- Have your friend start attacking the top dummy (or press and hold SQUARE if you are using Drobot on your own)
- Pop the Sky Diamond on the portal
- Now both continually attach the dummies: they will spill out diamonds worth 25 gold that are immediately picked up by both skylanders - all gold is shared.
--If you are on your own, just old down SQUARE on Drobot's controller.
- Continue until the Diamond's timer runs out.
- You'll earn gold so fast the money will carry on accruing on the characters for up to 30 seconds after you're finished
- If you've do it right you should earn 15-20,000+ for each character.
- If you like you can visit Gorm's Power Pod and purchase the Soul Gem upgrade.
- Now simply take the skylander with all that cash to Persephone in Giants, and buy all the remaining upgrades