All credit goes to Xerostomia
for the method. He has allowed me to use his guide on TA for this site since it works perfectly! *Note that I changed only the teams and fixed a few grammatical errors.*
What I did was a mixture of what has been described.
1. Adjust the CPU sliders all the way to zero, and adjust your sliders to max.
2. Start a game with any two teams, it does not matter. I played Giants against Chargers. Have maximum rewinds.
3. Use 2 controllers. The 'guest' controller should receive the ball regardless of who wins the coin toss.
4. Receive ball, and run to between 2-4 yard line. Closer to goal line the better. Go to menu and turn off
off-sides. Also give control of guest controller back to CPU.
5. Pick anyone, usually linebacker is good, and stand behind QB. Usually it is a run play. QB snaps the ball, and you will tackle him. Having LB (Left Bumper) pressed increases the chance of stripping ball. If a fumble is in the end zone, win the mini game by pressing the button prompts. If you get a safety, press rewind. If fumble is not in the end zone, let them win and try again. You should have 8 chances including rewinds including 4th down. The punter will be in the end zone so you can try it that way as well. Playing on Rookie difficulty improves your chances dramatically.
The trophy pops immediately so you do not have to play the whole game.