I can not tell you the exact time limit in which you have to obtain the 100% margin and complete the game for the trophy to pop. For me it was 02:36:54 and it popped. So I assume somewhat between 2,5 and 3,5 hours. A COUPLE OF GENERAL HINTS
1. Completing a 100% speedrun should be possible in regular mode. But I strongly recommend to do this in "Hero Mode"
where the 4 standard transformations are available from start. To unlock this mode, you have to beat the game once in regular mode.
2. In the first phase
only focus on playing through the five main stages until you unlock the final stage (Riskys hideout). Only get items that can be directly obtained on your way with the available skills. Avoid unnecessary back tracking
3. Collect all the missing items in the second phase
. You should know what transformations or upgrades are needed in order to reach other secrets within the level. Again: Avoid unnecessary back tracking.
4. That is why I strongly recommend to practice your stage runs before you start a timed attempt. Save on the beginning of a level then play it, to find the quickest way to collect all accessible items along your route. DON'T SAVE along the way. When you are sure of your route attempt, quit to main menu and reload your last save.
5. Use the Save function only when you really want to save your progress. Not saving can give you a couple of extra seconds each time you are prompted. Of course, not saving during the stages will not create checkpoints in case of death.
6. Dialogs can be skipped by pressing down on the digi cross or on the touchpad
---WHAT IS NEEDED TO OBTAIN THE 100% MARGIN?
- All relics + upgrades from the merchant in the item shop
- All magic forms + upgrades
- All dances from the snake merchant
- All 12 heart containers
- All 10 Art Gallery keys: After you got all 10 keys, TALK TO THE MAYOR. He will give you an tiara that counts as a relic as well (also grants you unlimited magic; neat eh?)
- Completing the dynamo (For details see
- All trade items for the barons (For details see
- Beating the game including the true ending (after building the magic counter device with Riskys possesions)
With your first 200 gems, buy the warp dance from the snake merchant (for example in the Mermaid Factory) and trade it for the "gem jug dance"
- Use the "gem jug dance" in the bath house in Scutte Town until you have 999 gems. That takes about 7-8 minutes of continious mashing the s
- Bikini armor (200 gems; item store)
- Magic bracelet: reduces magic consumtion by half (200 gems; item store)
- Scimitars: Thats the fully upgraded Pike ball (ca 500 gems total)
It's only a recommendation of course, but you don't really need much more to beat the levels.
I would advice you to farm the necessary money and buy all the other remaining items and dances just before you confront the final boss.