12 Hit Combo has teamed with publisher Excalibur to announce that Space Overlords will be coming to Playstation systems in 2016.
Play as one of four space overlords, a powerful and ruthless ancient life form, as you set out on a mission of retaliation over Kesedihan to wipe out all of his kin. Take control of planets that have been ruled by the evil Kesedihan and let the annihilation commence. The game will contain seven galaxies in three single player game modes - Campaign, Co-Op, and Gameplay Loop. The latter sounds like it could be a type of Endless Mode. There are eight planets to a galaxy, each with their atmospheric cut-scenes. Multiplayer will contain four currently-nameless game modes for players to duke it out.
Space Overlords also contains a built-in level editor, allowing players to create and share their own worlds with others. These will appear on the Community tab where other players can attempt to beat them and try to earn a spot on the global leaderboard. Each ship, building and planet inhabitant that you destroy will award you with a point each, with an additional 50 points per 100 hits. A points example given was "300 hits = 300 + 150 points".
Have fun creating planets using the built in level editor
· Share new planets and then attack other players’ planets for action packed gameplay
· Pick-up-and-play free rampage - destroy every building and inhabitant of a planet before time runs out
· Enjoy playing as a different race with a choice of up to six Overlords
· PVP Multiplayer mode (up to four players).
· Upgrading your character with items and power ups adds to pace of the game
· Local and Online Multiplayer modes
· A whole host of different levels including variable game levels with switchable core mechanic
· Four playable characters
Space Overlords will land on Playstation 3, Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita in April 2016.