This week, player favourite publisher Atlus has announced an extended edition of last year's action platformer Abyss Odyssey that will be coming to PS4 sometime this year. With an upgrade to 1080p, online and local multiplayer, and all of those lovely updates that developer ACE has been pushing for the last year or so, Abyss Odyssey Extended Dream Edition looks to be the definitive version of the roguelike adventure game.
Abyss Odyssey: Extended Dream Edition looks to improve on last year's release with the developers hoping to keep the game feeling as fresh as possible and accommodating both new and veteran players.
• A New Nightmare - Abyss Odyssey veterans can double-down on the challenge with the Nightmare difficulty level, where enemies move quicker, hit harder, and well...if you aren't confident in your combos, you should get used to seeing the void room.
• New Enemies - A familiar face returns - Golem from Zeno Clash makes an appearance as a new mini-boss! Also brand new to consoles are the Tirana mini-boss, the White Phantom, and the Warlock Titan - a unique final boss who you might encounter fighting alongside one the original Warlock's many forms.
• The Infinite Abyss - Procedurally generated levels will keep the three warriors battling for eternity.
• Meta Odyssey - At the bottom of the abyss is the Warlock. Once the community collectively beats a boss a certain number of times, the boss changes. The Extended Dream Edition has all the recent PC updates to the Warlock, but a whole new community to try and unlock each mask!
• Know Thy Enemy - Possess almost any enemy in the game to use its skills and combat abilities...each foe is as technically complex as the main warriors.
Abyss Odyssey: Extended Dream Edition will be released for the PlayStation 4 as a digital only title sometime in 2015.