Agatsuma Entertainment brings a cult-classic's latest iteration to the PlayStation Vita, Sayonara UmiharaKawase +.
In this 'Rubbering Action' physics-based, puzzle-platform game, you will play as Umihara Kawase, a backpacking, Japanese sushi chef who's armed with a fishing rod. The fishing line's rubberized nature is what makes this game unique as you will utilize it to bungee down or catapult upwards by tightening or slacking the line in certain ways. Players will be have to avoid fish-like enemies, conveyer belts, spikes, watery pits, time travel, and more as the levels get more challenging as you progress and time pressure compels you to move faster. Just like other platformer games, there are secret exits and bonus levels to find throughout levels which add to the exploration factor. This should be quite a fun time for speed-runners out there.
- The latest version of this classic 20-year old franchise
- Includes the original UmiharaKawase game - this was the first game in the franchise, released in 1994 for console
- Created by programmer Kiyoshi Sakai (also programmer on ‘The Mosquito’) and character designer & illustrator, Toshinobu Kondo – creators of the original game
- Unique 1970’s Japanese visual style
- 60 new and re-envisaged classic stages
- Additional bonus levels available once the game has been completed
- Global time ranking
- New enemy placements
- Unlock bonus features including some brilliant KAWAII style art and nostalgic audio with bonus sound track from the original game
- Total of 4 playable characters, each with their own special abilities
- Now 60fps
Sayonara UmiharaKawase + will be arriving in Spring 2015 priced at $19.99 / 14,99 Euro / £10.99.
We've got the full list of Sayonara Umihara Kawase + (Vita) trophies - check the list for guides to unlocking them.