PlayStation Plus' Premium tier offers up a selection of classic PS1, PS2, PS3, and PSP games, as well as a few remasters of PS4 and PS5 games. Here is our guide to the Classic Catalogue with trophies, features, and more.
Introduction to PlayStation Classics GuideThe PlayStation Plus Classic Catalogue is full of PS1, PS2, and PSP titles in the game lineup for the Premium games. Sony has made a few improvements, too — including adding trophies to several classic games. We have outlined all this and more in our guide to PlayStation Classic titles.
Update Log20/05/22 —
Updated trophy support section23/06/22—
Updated the article and added a trophy list section
What upgrades is Sony doing for classic PlayStation games?
PlayStation Plus' Classic Catalogue of games features plenty of interesting content from PS1 and PSP emulated games, PS3 streaming, and yet-to-be-announced PS2 games. There are some PS4 and PS5 remasters being listed as 'Classics,' as well. The Plus Games will be rotating along with the rest of the catalogue at the mid-point of every month, and it looks like games can be swapped out and become unavailable.
PlayStation classic game upgrades
- Improved frame rates than the original launch version
- Higher-quality resolution than the original launch version
- Certain PS1 and PSP classics will have "a new user interface with menus that allow you to save your game at any time, or even rewind the game if you want a do-over."
- A majority of the EU PS1 Classic games will receive the superior NTSC versions
What if you already owned a PS1, PS2, or PSP Classic?Previous owners of the digital version of the games that come to the service will get a free digital download of the game without the need to be logged in to Plus. Sony has stated: "When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title. Some of the titles will also be available for individual purchase."
Currently, some PS Plus subscribers are experiencing issues when they try to download these PS1 Classics. The issues currently have impacted both Tekken 2 and Syphon Filter, the issues are yet to be fixed by Sony.
Are there trophies for old PS1, PS2, and PSP games?
Bend Studio has confirmed PS1 games can have trophy integration. In a separate article, we have graded the difficulty of the PS1 and PSP games trophies.
Here are all the games that currently have trophy support and are accessible with PS Plus Premium:
Here are all the games that currently don't have trophy support, but are accessible with PlayStation Plus Premium:
PlayStation StudiosHave you got a favourite list? Tried any emulated games out? Get in the comments to chat and we will see you there!
- Echochrome | Japan Studio, PSP
- Jumping Flash! | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
- Super Stardust Portable | Housemarque, PSP
- Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear To The Rescue! | Disney Interactive Studios, Original PlayStation
- Mr. Driller | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
- Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee | GT Interactive, Original PlayStation
- Tekken 2 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
- Resident Evil: Director’s Cut | Capcom, Original PlayStation
- Ridge Racer 2 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc, PSP
- Worms World Party | Team 17, Original PlayStation
- Worms Armageddon | Team17, Original PlayStation