If you were one of the people to watch the BAFTA Game Awards 2019 last night, you might have seen one title have an extremely successful night. Santa Monica Studio's much lauded God of War managed to walk away with five of the awards, including the title for Best Game.
While it was the only PlayStation 4 exclusive title to win an award, it wasn't the only game to appear on the console to win an award. Villa Gorilla's platformer/pinball hybrid Yoku's Island Express, Epic Games' battle royal juggernaut Fortnite, and Hazelight's co-op action-adventure A Way Out also received awards. You can see a full list of winners here, but the most relevant award winners can be seen below:
Congratulations to all of the winners and the success they've enjoyed with their games.
- Audio Achievement: God of War (Mike Niederquell, Todd Piperi, Leilani Ramirez/Sony Santa Monica)
- Best Game: God of War (Cory Barlog, Yumi Yang, Shannon Studstill/Sony Santa Monica)
- Debut Game: Yoku's Island Express (Villa Gorilla/Team 17)
- Evolving Game: Fortnite (Epic Games)
- Multiplayer: A Way Out (Hazelight/EA Originals)
- Music: God of War (Bear McCreary, Keith Leary, Peter Scaturro/Sony Santa Monica)
- Narrative: God of War (Cory Barlog, Matt Sophos, Richard Zangrande Gaubert/Sony Santa Monica)
- Performer: Jeremy Davies as The Stranger in God of War
Get the biggest PlayStation news delivered straight to your inbox every week.