Surviving the harsh conditions of Mars can be tough in the appropriately titled Surviving Mars, but it should be made a little easier with a new update and a free content pack that will release this week. This latest update is called the Curiosity Update, and developer Haemimont Games is throwing in a free "Mysteries Resupply Pack" DLC as well.
The patch adds the following new features:
There is also a huge list of bug fixes, which is best left to the official patch notes.
- Five-part Tutorial - Comprehensive tutorial separated into five thematic sections, introducing the core gameplay concepts in the different stages of Surviving Mars.
- New Domes - Curiosity introduces five new Dome types. These are entirely new models with new shapes, functionality and costs. With one exception, they do not require new techs to be researched. The smallest dome do not allow Spire construction
- Infobar – Provides general overview of all the resources of the colony, including research progress
- Command Center - The Command Center is a handy new UI toolset that provides historical data for the colony and the ability to inspect and manage multiple buildings, colonists or vehicles without selecting them individually. It has been developed as part of our effort to reduce the micromanagement and to provide a more informative overview interface for certain gameplay aspects. The Command Center currently offers five different tools: Graphs, Buildings, Domes, Colonists, and Transportation.
In the "Mysteries Resupply Pack," which will be available soon, the content "will throw a curveball at your meticulously managed settlements with new mysteries to uncover and exploit." Haemimont gave a couple examples of what they mean:
The update is live now with the "Mysteries Resupply Pack" to be released today, June 13th.
- St. Elmo's Fire - Colonists find it hard to get a good night’s sleep, especially when mysterious lights begin appearing where they have no reason to be. What is causing these unexpected apparitions and is it connected to the confusing changes in the water supply?
- The Philosopher's Stone - Encounter beings that are a far cry from the fleshy bags we call carbon-based life when the colony stumbles upon entirely crystalline entities. Are they here to be of assistance or only out to protect the family jewels?
- Metatron - Colonists look to the sky agape as a great floating monolith has parked itself directly above the fledgling colony. Does it come in peace or is it even sentient? Either way, it is certainly blocking the views from the dome!
We've got the full list of Surviving Mars trophies - check the list for guides to unlocking them.
Get the biggest PlayStation news delivered straight to your inbox every week.