Last month, we reported the sad but mostly expected news that Sony would stop physical production of PlayStation Vita titles. A number of fans of the platform and even some developers were alarmed by the news. Perhaps the most well-known purveyors of limited physical editions, Limited Run, quickly took to Twitter to assure their customers that they still had plenty of Vita games in the pipeline that wouldn't be affected.
The publisher certainly made good on that promise at their E3 briefing yesterday, announcing a total of nine physical Vita editions of popular digital games — not to mention some physical editions for PlayStation 4 as well. Here's a full list of what's coming and when to expect it.
If you want to feast your eyes on the box art, you can do so below:
- The House in Fata Morgana — Q1 2019
- SENRAN KAGURA Bon Appetit! - Full Course — Summer 2018 (Full Course edition previously unreleased on Vita)
- Read Only Memories: 2064 — June 29th
- VA-11 HALL-A (Vita) — June 29th
- Salt and Sanctuary (Vita) — August 24th
- Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds Overdrive — Summer 2018 (Overdrive edition previously unreleased on Vita. We have yet to receive confirmation from Limited Run on whether this is definitely the version headed to Vita.)
- Spelunky — Q4 2018 (Interestingly, the accompanying image still lists "TBD" for the release date.)
- Iconoclasts (Vita) — Q3 2018
- Exile's End — Summer 2018
Could these be the last PlayStation Vita games ever to grace our shelves?
Get the biggest PlayStation news delivered straight to your inbox every week.