Hideo Kojima's rapid-fire space-opera Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
is getting a remaster later this year for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR with Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MVRS
. The new features include the following, alongside a remastered soundtrack and upgraded graphics:
- Optional “Pro Mode” controller setup allows for faster selection of sub-weapons to help engage in rapid-fire combat
- “Very Easy” difficulty setting offers an alternative option for players who wish to enjoy the cinematic experience of the game’s story or are new to VR
- Various training modules and a mini-map
- Additional VR content for an even more captivating experience:
- 3D Hangar: Interact with Jehuty in VR
- 3D Model Viewer: Explore various refined 3D models in full 360 degrees
- Cinematic Theater: After completing the game, unlock the ability to re-watch any story sequence with the option to view cut-scenes in full VR
Konami put out a new trailer showing the improvements in action.
If the trailer was too fast for you, enjoy some screenshots that let you pause and take in the details.
Anyone that pre-orders the game starting today will receive a free PS4 "Welcome to MVRS" theme and Avatars. Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner - MVRS Edition
will be available worldwide September 4th for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR at £24.99/US$29.99. Konami will release demos of both the PlayStation 4 Pro 4k and PlayStation VR versions soon so that you can try your hand at the new and improved Jehuty before you buy.