Hideo Kojima's rapid-fire space-opera Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
is getting a remaster later this year for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR with Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MVRS
. The new features include the following, alongside a remastered soundtrack and upgraded graphics:
- Optional “Pro Mode” controller setup allows for faster selection of sub-weapons to help engage in rapid-fire combat
- “Very Easy” difficulty setting offers an alternative option for players who wish to enjoy the cinematic experience of the game’s story or are new to VR
- Various training modules and a mini-map
- Additional VR content for an even more captivating experience:
- 3D Hangar: Interact with Jehuty in VR
- 3D Model Viewer: Explore various refined 3D models in full 360 degrees
- Cinematic Theater: After completing the game, unlock the ability to re-watch any story sequence with the option to view cut-scenes in full VR
Konami put out a new trailer showing the improvements in action.
If the trailer was too fast for you, enjoy some screenshots that let you pause and take in the details.
Anyone that pre-orders the game starting today will receive a free PS4 "Welcome to MVRS" theme and Avatars. Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner - MVRS Edition
will be available worldwide September 4th for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR at £24.99/US$29.99. Konami will release demos of both the PlayStation 4 Pro 4k and PlayStation VR versions soon so that you can try your hand at the new and improved Jehuty before you buy.
We don't have them yet, but we'll publish a story as soon as we pick up the Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MVRS trophies.