When Bethesda revealed the first trailer
for RAGE 2
yesterday, the first impressions were that it was crazy, but many of you wanted to wait for today's gameplay trailer. Well, it's here, along with a bunch of screenshots and the first details, and it's every bit as crazy as you'd expect.
After an asteroid decimates Earth's population by 80%, a world that lacks society, law and order is left behind. The remaining humans form gangs, while the Authority tries to "rule with an iron fist". Players assume the role of Walker, the last Ranger of the dystopian wasteland left behind and the only threat to the Authority's power. Robbed of his home and left for dead, he now rages for justice and freedom.
Avalanche Studios (Just Cause
, Mad Max
) has teamed up with id Software (DOOM
) to throw players into an open world where they can "go anywhere, shoot anything, and explode everything". There will be vehicular combat, "super-powered first-person mayhem", gangs to be defeated, and a wasteland that must be searched to find the tools needed to gain that justice and freedom. The game's key features are below:
- WELCOME TO THE SHOOTERVERSE - id Software’s shooter pedigree and Avalanche Studios’open world prowessis dream-team-made-real for RAGE 2. It’s more than a shooter, more than an open world game – it’s a shooterverse.
- THE WASTELAND AWAITS - Seamlessly traverse a vast and varied landscape, from lush jungles and treacherous swamps to sun-scorched deserts in your pursuit of The Authority. The wasteland is massive, and you’ve got the arsenal to fight for every inch.
- PEDAL TO THE METAL - From monster trucks to gyrocopters, use an assortment of rugged and wasteland-ready vehicles to speed across the badlands. If you see it, you can drive it.
- THE LAST RANGER - Bring the pain using a collection of upgradable weapons, devastating Nanotrite powers, and Overdrive, the ability to push your guns beyond their mechanical limits.
- FACTIONS & FOES - Fight against ferocious factions for control of the wasteland, each featuring a rogue’s gallery of madmen, mutants, and monsters hungry for blood.
The trailer below showcases the kind of madness you can expect from the game. At least it's not as pink as the first trailer.
will be bursting onto the PlayStation 4 next year.
We don't have them yet, but we'll publish a story as soon as we pick up the RAGE 2 trophies.