A release date has been confirmed for Monster Slayers
, the upcoming rogue-like deck-building adventure from Nerdook Productions, and a new trailer previews the gameplay.
is the brainchild of Peter Whalen (Hearthstone
) and is inspired by deck-building RPG Dream Quest
. It sends players on a quest through the dangerous Northern Valley to defeat the might Harbinger.
Key Features Monster Slayers
- Battle undead goblins, lion outlaws, mighty dragons and other monstrous foes using a unique card-based combat system
- Strategically shape your deck as you acquire new cards from merchants, treasure chests, and allies
- Collect fame from each run to unlock new abilities that can be used by future heroes
- Every playthrough is different: levels, enemy encounters and loot are randomly generated
- 12 different character classes to choose from: Rogue, Ranger, Knight, Barbarian, Cleric, Wizard, Assassin, Beastmaster, Apothecary, Brute, Monk, and Necromancer
- Recruit companions to join you on your quest and make use of their special abilities
- Equip your hero with stat-boosting loot to improve the chances of victory
- Beat the game to unlock the ultimate challenge: Legendary Mode
launches on PlayStation 4 on May 15th in North America and May 16th in Europe. The title will be coming to Vita but the release date for this version is yet to be confirmed.
We've got the full list of Monster Slayers trophies
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.