Just in case there weren't enough existing ways to purchase all the HITMAN
content, developer IO Interactive has announced one more: HITMAN Definitive Edition
. The Definitive Edition ties in with IO's 20th anniversary, so there are costumes inspired by other IO games, and the developer also signed a publishing deal with Warner Bros. to release the compilation.
If you're wondering how the Definitive Edition stacks up to the Game of the Year Edition
or the Complete First Season, it comes down to digital goodies. IO has released the full list of what's included:
HITMAN: Definitive Edition
- IO Interactive’s 20th Anniversary Outfit Bundle – Three new outfits inspired by Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas
- HITMAN™ Season One (Main Game) – Seven exotic locations from the first season, including Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido, along with the ICA Facility
- HITMAN™ Game of the Year Edition Content – Four missions from the Patient Zero Campaign, three themed Escalation Contracts that unlock three unique weapons, as well as the Clown Suit, Cowboy Suit and Raven Suit from the recent Game of the Year digital release
- HITMAN™ Summer Bonus Episode – Featuring ICA bonus missions in Sapienza and Marrakesh
- HITMAN™: Blood Money Requiem Pack – Including the Requiem Suit, Pale Duck Explosive and ICA Chrome Pistol
- All featured Contracts, Escalation Contracts, Challenge Packs and game updates from HITMAN™ Season One and the HITMAN™ Game of the Year Edition
releases on May 18th. No pricing was available at the time of writing. According to IO, the "20th Anniversary Outfit Bundle" will be released for separate, digital purchase later this year.