Milestone has revealed that the latest installment of the MotoGP
franchise will be arriving early in June, with the new title promising to be much more than just an annual update as the developer aims to reboot its flagship franchise. MotoGP 18
will be the first title in the series to use the Unreal 4 engine, following its successful implementation in Milestone's MXGP3 – The Official Motocross Videogame
and Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame
titles. With all of the new improvements and a host of new features, Milestone is aiming to produce the most immersive and realistic MotoGP experience ever.
As with the other titles, the Unreal engine will enable reworked and improved physics, improved visuals, and realistic lighting effects. Whilst the team aims to make a realistic physics simulation, reproducing the distinct behavior of the bikes, Milestone also wants to ensure that more casual gamers can play with the introduction of driving aids and tutorials. To give players an idea of what to expect from the new engine, the team has released a number of images showing the work-in-progress.
Whilst some of the technical details remain under wraps, the team has released a little more information regarding the key features of the new title.
- The official 2018 MotoGP™ season, with all riders, official rosters from MotoGP™, Moto2™, Moto3™ and Red Bull MotoGP™ Rookies Cup and all 19 official tracks, including the new Buriram International Circuit in Thailand;
- Faithful reproduction of riders, tracks and bikes, thanks to the Drone Scanning system, for a 1:1 recreation of all the track details, and the 3D scanning technology, to include real MotoGP™ riders’ faces in game;
- Exclusive improved features to make the game experience as immersive as ever, such as new cut scenes, the spectator mode and brand new interactive tutorials;
- Enhanced AI, Bike Physics and Collision System, with the introduction of riding aids to offer a more enjoyable simulation at every level;
- New scalable damage system and tire management system;
- A compelling career mode to climb the ladder from Red Bull MotoGP™ Rookies Cup to MotoGP™ class, including an innovative bike development setup, to significantly increase the bikes’ performance, as well as the MotoGP™ ID to keep track of such progress.
Along with the images, Milestone has also released a short trailer announcing the title, although the screenshots probably provide more visual clues than the clip.
Finally, following last year’s success, Dorna Sports and Milestone will use the title to launch the next stage of the MotoGP
eSport Championship, pitching players against each other in the world of competitive gaming. MotoGP18
will be hitting the PlayStation 4 on June 7th.
We've got the full list of MotoGP 18 trophies
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.