Michael Hicks is a young developer, working with one other person in a small studio. He formerly released Pillar
, and his new game is The Path of Motus
. He's now released a new trailer featuring bridge building and insults hurled as weapons.
Today's trailer reveals several new features, including a new character in the story: Motus' father. At 6 years old, Motus' attempt at bridge building is belittled by his father, who proclaims his creations as a "waste of time" and "unrealistic." As the story progresses, Motus will gradually grow into an adult and discover the deeper reasons for his father's actions. This complicated father-son relationship is one of many opportunities where players can explore the motivations of others.
The Path of Motus
Will you let other people stop you from pursuing your dreams? For generations, a village of goblins has been trapped inside a mysterious forest; anyone who attempts to leave returns hopeless and defeated. Determined to break new ground, a young goblin named Motus plans to build a series of bridges through the forest. However, his perseverance will soon be tested, as he meets bullies that use their own words to stop him. Will you find a way through life's forest, or like others be lost in its depths with no will to continue?
Featured Gameplay in The Path of Motus:
- Verbal Combat: Motus meets bullies that yell a variety of deadly words; you'll need to tactfully use your own words to deal with them. Will you use your words to inspire, or to destroy?
- Bridge Building: There's a reason why no one's made it through the forest! Solve challenging bridge puzzles to build a way out.
- Growing Up: Face unique challenges as Motus gradually grows from a child to an adult. Meet exciting new characters in each chapter of life and explore the deeper reasons for why they're so aggressive towards others.
- Thought Doors: Solve innovative puzzles that convey what Motus is feeling throughout the story. Unlike other story based games, the coolest moments in The Path of Motus come across nonverbally as you play.
is scheduled to release sometime this summer.
We've got the full list of The Path of Motus (EU) trophies
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.