No one would blame you for not having heard of or having forgotten about V-Rally
. The simulation series has been dormant since 2003 when we were all a lot more youthful or, in the case of our younger readers, not old enough to wield a controller. Publisher Maximum Games has announced the series' comeback with V-Rally 4
will be developed by Kylotonn Games, whom players will recognize from the WRC series
and the recent TT Isle of Man
. There will be "more than 50 models of emblematic rallying and extreme motorsports vehicles," and players will recognize both classic and newer staples of the rally and off-road scene. According to Maximum, in the announcement trailer, the cars shown off include a Porsche 911 Safari, a Ford Mustang and a Ford Fiesta RS RX.
Even so long after V-Rally 3
's release, Kylotonn's goal with the fourth installment is to "remain faithful to the identity of the franchise" and "strike a perfect balance between sensation, presentation, and simulation." The visuals are nothing to scoff at either as can be seen in the trailer and screens.
The game will include both online and career modes, and players can look forward to multiple avenues of racing:
- Rally: From Africa to Sequoia Park and Japan, travel the world along difficult tracks and in extreme conditions, such as snow, ice, and mud.
- Extreme-Khana: You'll have to be a master of precision and drifting on these tracks full of pitfalls.
- V-Rally Cross: Leave your opponents in the dust on these dirt and asphalt tracks and take on 7 expert adversaries.
- Buggy: Hop into your all-terrain vehicle to win the race on these particularly rugged tracks. Not for the faint of heart!
- Hillclimb: Race to the top behind the wheel of powerful cars.
is expected to release for PS4 in September 2018.
We don't have them yet, but we'll publish a story as soon as we pick up the V-Rally 4 trophies.