Capcom has announced the first major update for Monster Hunter: World
. This free update will bring a certain world-eating monster, a seasonal event, and a litany of other smaller additions and changes. It's a lengthy one, so let's just get right to it!
Appropriately enough after the Devil May Cry collaboration announcement
, the biggest piece of news for this update is the similarly named Deviljho is heading to the New World. Initially introduced in Monster Hunter 3
, this Brute Wyvern will wreck any ill-equipped hunters. Those who are properly prepared and manage to take down the beast will be rewarded in kind, as those taking Deviljho materials to the workshop will be able to craft two new armour sets — Vangis a and Vangis ß — and a new weapon entry in each of the game's 14 weapon types.
The other major announcement is the game's first season event. Starting on April 5th at 5pm PT (12am GMT April 6th) is the Spring Blossom Fest. Capcom has promised more details before it kicks off, but the Gathering Hub will be redecorated for the event. There will also be some daily events and, of course, plenty of monster hunting before the limited time event ends a fortnight later at 5pm PT April 19th (12am GMT April 20th).
Unrelated to the Spring Blossom Fest, but nonetheless coming during the event, are two special Event Quests. The first quest — available from April 13th to 27th — will allow players to earn tickets to craft the Mega Man
Palico gear announced a few months back
. The second quest will unlock the materials needed to craft the Wyvern Ignition Great Sword, the winner of a community weapon design contest.
The winning concept submission Wyvern Ignition in-game render
There's still more, so stick with us. This title update will also bring a number of tweaks and adjustments to most of Monster Hunter: World
's weapon types. Those changes are as follows, albeit with a more comprehensive list on the way closer to the update's release:
- Great Sword: increased the damage for Charged Slash abilities.
- Long Sword: improvements to Foresight Slash input timing and hitbox detection.
- Sword & Shield: Roundslash damage increased and improved slinger usability
- Dual Blades: adjustments to help maintain Demon Gauge active
- Hammer: adjusted the stun values on charged attacks
- Hunting Horn: general attack power increase
- Lance: Counter-thrust adjustment to increase ease of use
- Gunlance: Reduced sharpness loss for shelling, and made some attack power increases
- Switch Axe: Zero Sum Discharge adjustments to increase ease of use
- Charge Blade: balance adjustments to Impact Phial and Power Element Phial
- Insect Glaive: improvements to extract attack power increase and extract effect length
- Bow: fixed various bugs
- Light Bowgun: no adjustments were made
- Heavy Bowgun: no adjustments were made
That's still not all, however, as Capcom also has a few small changes in the offing to improve the general player experience that will take effect with the latest update, which you can see below:
- Attacks from allies no longer interrupt you during the carving animation. Additionally, players are now immune to all hit reactions, including bombs, during carving animations after quest completion.
- Added "Return to Gathering Hub" (single player) and "Disband & Return to Gathering Hub" (multiplayer) to the options for "Select Return Destination" after a quest has been completed.
- Added the "Text Size" setting for changing subtitle text size, under Start Menu > Options Game Settings.
Finally, following player feedback concerning character creation, Capcom will be providing one free Character Edit voucher. A one-time-use voucher found on the console store, this voucher does not allow the player to change their Hunter's name or the appearance and name of their Palico, but instead will allow players to edit their hunter's gender, physical appearance (skin tone, features, etc.), and cosmetic appearance (hairstyle, facepaint, etc.).
This sizeable update makes its way to Monster Hunter: World
on March 22nd. Players should be able to redeem the free Character Edit Voucher starting today, March 16th.
We've got the full list of Monster Hunter: World trophies
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.