PC players now get to try their hand at the new update for the game, Lost City of Omu. PlayStation 4 players will have to wait a while before they get their turn, but that doesn't mean we haven't got more details, screenshots and a trailer for you to watch while you wait.
Players will travel to the exotic jungles of Chult and the city of Omu that lies within, but while the scenery looks inviting, its inhabitants are not so much. A death curse has gripped the land and it's all down to the powerful lich Acererak. As well as the new environment and an expansion of the "Tomb of Annihilation" campaign, the expansion includes the following features:
- Temple Ruins Adventure Zone – With the discovery of the lost city of Omu, adventurers travel deeper into Chult’s jungles than before, exploring crumbling temple ruins, a labyrinth of underground tunnels and a new instance focused on the yuan-ti, “Fane of the Night Serpent.”
- New Monster Hunts & Heroic Encounters – Adventurers can party up to tackle encounters around Omu or become monster hunters. All new contracts and encounters will pit players against Chult’s scariest predators including the dreaded Tyrant T-Rex for improved rewards. Just mind the undead spawning from its mouth!
- Expanded Tomb of Annihilation Campaign – In the epic conclusion of the Chult narrative, players dive deeper into the Campaign with new tasks, new Jungles of Chult boon ranks and a new 10-player Endgame Trial where they will finally face Acererak and his abomination, the Atropal.
- Smoother Progression from Level 60 to 70 – Neverwinter players who haven’t quite reached the level cap will now experience a smoother progression due to a drastic balancing of the XP curve, allowing them to access the game’s many endgame Campaigns sooner – including the Lost City of Omu.
- Class Power Adjustments – Many powers previously based on weapon damage have been changed to scale based on player stats, and bug fixes have been applied to class powers previously behaving incorrectly. Scourge Warlocks can now explore a more viable Temptation feat tree, for example.
- Additional Features – New recipes for Masterwork Professions, Treasure Maps, Repeatable Adventures and quality of life improvements.
Take a look at the launch trailer to see what you can expect:
The Lost City of Omu update will be available on PS4 "at a later date". We'll be sure to let you know when that is as soon as we find out.
We've got the full list of Neverwinter trophies
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.