This past week, it's been hard to click around the gaming side of the internet without seeing something about Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Warhorse Studios' "realistic, open-world, first-person, medieval RPG." A lot of talk of day one patches, hot fixes and future patches has caused confusion in the community about what version the game is actually on, and Warhorse wanted to clarify where Kingdom Come stands.
Firstly, there is the "Gold Master" version, which is Version 1.0. The only way to access Version 1.0 is to play the disc copy of Kingdom Come: Deliverance and reject all updates. Due to the fixes that have since gone out through patches, the developer strongly advises players don't reject the updates.
Next, there is the Day 1 Patch, or Version 1.1, which was available to download at launch as the name would imply. This patch addressed the following:
The third version of which to be aware is Version 1.2, which is available on PlayStation 4 now. That patch adds:
- Addition of multiple new events to the open world
- Massive improvement in dialogue animations
- Gaining money and experience is rebalanced
- Weapon and armor stats are rebalanced
- General combat improvements Improved NPC reaction time
- Sound propagation adjusted
- Archery is now possible in stealth mode Improved
- Persuasion UI
- Plus numerous other bug fixes and improvements
- Stealth and Stealth kills adjustment
- People now get dirty more gradually
- Additional quest bugs fixed
- Various optimizations
There is also a hot fix, called Version 1.2.5, which was sent to certification today, February 19th:
Lastly, Warhorse has detailed their broader plans for the upcoming patch 1.3, which is still in progress and has not yet been sent to certification. Do note the improvement of the console lock picking game, which has been of some discussion among players.
- Fix for R2 button being non-responsive in combat
- Fix for issues in quests with Hans Capon
- Fix for quest Ginger in a Pickle
Warhorse has said they are "studiously going through every player report, watching every stream we can and fixing all the bugs as fast as possible," and will continue to do so.
- Save and Exit functionality
- Lockpicking minigame controls improvement on controllers
- Pickpocket minigame improvement
- Alchemy recipe for respec potion
- Many quest-related bug fixes
We've got the full list of Kingdom Come: Deliverance trophies - check the list for guides to unlocking them.
Get the biggest PlayStation news delivered straight to your inbox every week.