For many gamers, a new year brings a chance to look forward to all of the new titles that will be coming soon. For some developers, though, they'll continue to support their titles that have been released already. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
is one of those titles. Bethesda has revealed exactly what Zenimax Online Studios has planned for their MMORPG in the title's next major update and DLC pack that are both due to release next month.
The "Dragon Bones" DLC introduces two new dungeons for both normal and veteran modes. Both Scalecaller Peak and Fang Lair, as they will be called, include a mix of new and returning enemies, such as "plague-ridden ogres, powerful sorcerers and their undead creations, and even the reanimated bones of an ancient dragon". Each of the final bosses will also be playable in a veteran Hard Mode. Just entering one of the dungeons will reward you with a Renegade Dragon Priest mask, but on conquering them you'll be rewarded with new items, monster sets, and collectibles. Of course, there will also be new trophies.
Renegade Dragon Priest mask Fang Lair dungeon The reanimated dragon
As well as the DLC, Update 17 will bring a host of new features:
- The Outfit System: allows players to customize the look of their equipment, regardless of equipped gear
- Two New Battlegrounds: the Orc Stronghold of Mor Khazgur and the Dwarven ruins of Deeping Drome bring two new arenas for the 4v4v4 multiplayer mayhem (Battlegrounds PvP requires ESO: Morrowind)
- Home Storage System: this highly anticipated feature provides players the opportunity to lock items away safely in their homes via the Homestead housing system
- Additional Gameplay Features: new quality of life additions will help new and experienced players get the most out of ESO, including the new Level Up and Skills Advisors, guiding players to the best upgrades when they level up; plus improvements to combat, making it easier to identify and activate ability synergies
Deeping Drome The new outfit station
Both the DLC and update are due to be released in February. Update 17 will be free for all players. The "Dragon Bones" DLC will be free for ESO Plus members. Other players will be able to purchase the DLC from the in-game Crown Store.
We've got the full list of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited trophies
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.