InXile Entertainment's Torment: Tides of Numenera
has received a major patch. While the title was received positively upon its February launch, players and critics were quick to point out its numerous performance issues and bugs. These issues and more are addressed in today's update.
The developers have been kind enough to release a short version of the patch's highlights for anyone interested in seeing an overview what was fixed. The more detailed version, showing changes down to the minute detail, can be viewed on their official website
- Fixed a large number of freezes that would happen in various states.
- Numerous performance optimizations.
- Addendum text should now be appearing on item descriptions. Many dozens of items now have more details depending on your lore skills and other factors!
- Fixed an issue that was preventing party members from bantering. Party members should now be much more talkative!
- Updated a number of crisis sequences to rebalance a number of enemies. In some situations, it will make combat proceed more quickly with combats that were sluggish.
- Numerous fixes and improvements to movement grid, pathing, and AI. This should prevent issues where the game would hang as combat could get stuck in numerous situations.
- Several quest and conversation fixes.
- Inspiring Presence and other looping sound effects have been reduced or removed.
The patch is available now for all versions of Torment: Tides of Numenera