Developer Sword Twin Studios has announced that SkyKeepers
, a 2D action platformer, will be making its way to the Playstation 4. Players will follow the journey of the village chief Tangi, who will be on a mission to reclaim his world and the life wich which he was once familiar.
As players take Tangi on his world-reclaiming rampage, enemies will be flung around like kids' toys; Tangi has the ability to chain together attacks and combos, with some of them even able to launch enemies high into the sky. However, while your enemy is in pain in the sky, you'll be able to teleport to them and continue the beating with mid-air combat. After enemies have been dealt with, pick up and use the materials that they have dropped to repair the Skykeeper village. As you make the village stronger, Tangi will also be able to use new attacks and skills allowing for even more unique moves and combos to use against your enemies.
The visuals will aim to impress as players embark on a unique journey through an "Austronesian culture"-inspired fantasy world. During a "tragic accident", Tangi is turned into stone and is unable to protect the village. During this time, the village is devastated by repeated attacks from "unkept hostile spirits who now flood the islands". After a year passes, Tangi awakens from the skin of stone to the slaughter that has taken place in the village. After picking up his axe, Tangi is out to eliminate the threat and rebuild the village.
Take a look at the key features of the upcoming title:
- Story – An impactful tale that looks at what it takes to overcome great difficulties and tragedy.
- Combat – Clever and sharply designed combat that is fun for everyone, from new players to experienced brawlers!
- Village – Build your village to increase your strength – The stronger the village, the stronger the player gets!
- Art – With a charming and distinctive art style, the game is a striking visual experience in 2D.
Here's a teaser of the game further showcasing the key features and gameplay:
A release date is yet to be confirmed for SkyKeepers
but it will be making its way to the PS4 "soon".
We've got the full list of SkyKeepers trophies
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.