Community Events

Forum to discuss TrueTrophies Community Events

Leap Frog 2020 discussion

• iXanoniXanon248,944
    Posted on 18 February 20 at 07:39, Edited on 18 February 20 at 07:42 by iXanon
    minpinz23186 said:
    I'm kind of curious how many of us are going to stop now that we've earned the community challenge badge. I know I am. I'm going to guess at least 1/3 of the remaining leapers won't bother with the 2.4 today.
    To be honest I expected this also, but as it stands there's only going to be another 13 eliminations, and I think this will probably drop further to about 9 or 10 over the next few hours.

I was going to stop, but meh.. I rarely get the opportunity to do well in these things, let's see how far I can get. I think I've planned up to 3.0 so far..
  • donald047donald0472,466,823
    Posted on 18 February 20 at 11:41, Edited on 18 February 20 at 11:55 by donald047
    ArcticCress said:
    For those that are watching the 9/9 community challenge people, we have lost RNumbers (didn't sign up), BenNoddy (eliminated day 1) and junckerkids (eliminated day 6).

The others all completed day 7, so the number of people who have completed all challenges after this one will be 13.
    Groups getting smaller lol. With it being such a tiny incremental increase I will probably go all the way, planned the next couple of days at least. Having a look through my ratio filtered list I have a couple of "easy" 7+'s and a crap ton of 2.6-3.8's that I can go to in a rush but trying to get this challenge done while just playing games normally(if I could just remember that it's noon UK not the start of a new day that it resets lol).
    Donald W Forbes
  • minpinz23186minpinz23186139,986
    Posted on 18 February 20 at 14:21
    iXanon said:
    minpinz23186 said:
    I'm kind of curious how many of us are going to stop now that we've earned the community challenge badge. I know I am. I'm going to guess at least 1/3 of the remaining leapers won't bother with the 2.4 today.
    To be honest I expected this also, but as it stands there's only going to be another 13 eliminations, and I think this will probably drop further to about 9 or 10 over the next few hours.

I was going to stop, but meh.. I rarely get the opportunity to do well in these things, let's see how far I can get. I think I've planned up to 3.0 so far..
    I'm glad to see I was wrong. It should be really interesting to see how many people make it through to the end. Hopefully a lot! dance
  • Posted on 18 February 20 at 14:54
    Anyone going for the top 3 spots has to stay in it to win it, so I think that will keep a lot of people going
  • iXanoniXanon248,944
    Posted on 18 February 20 at 15:05
    iXanon said:
    ...as it stands there's only going to be another 13 eliminations, and I think this will probably drop further to about 9 or 10 over the next few hours.
    That wasn't a bad guess, was it? laugh

BeardedScot86 said:
    Anyone going for the top 3 spots has to stay in it to win it, so I think that will keep a lot of people going
    The top 3 spots are currently occupied by ratios higher than any of my trophies to date.. I'm not even bothering looking at them!
  • DrNefarioDrNefario93,033
    Posted on 18 February 20 at 16:23
    I haven't planned ahead any further, but I'm going to try to stay in as long as I can keep finding trophies I can earn in the time I have. I'll be surprised if I make it to the end, but then something has turned up every day so far.
  • Posted on 19 February 20 at 01:41
    I plan on trying for as long as I can. I have Onechanbara and Plague Inc. for today and tomorrow. Looks like I have a 3.0 Don't Die, Mr. Robot I can use too. 3.2 and up are looking bad for me though at a quick glance.
  • Posted on 19 February 20 at 04:01
    Should be pretty easy to stay in it using Battleborn
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 February 20 at 04:49
    Signor_Capybara said:
    Should be pretty easy using just about any MMO/MOBA, really.
    There are only a few that are so easy it wouldn't be worth it.
  • Posted on 19 February 20 at 05:15
    JellySoupForever said:
    Signor_Capybara said:
    Should be pretty easy using just about any MMO/MOBA, really.
    There are only a few that are so easy it wouldn't be worth it.
    I'm doing it anyway. 100%ed it on Xbox.

(Actually one of my favorite games of 2016 and it's dying soon)
  • inatimate1inatimate1679,940
    Posted on 19 February 20 at 11:47
    Got the rest of the event mapped out, I haven't got a trophy that's going to get me in to the top 3 though, and to think I was going to do the 8 hour limo slog that the one with The IIconics spoke about laugh

It's been fun, and it's got me to pick off a few higher ratio trophies that I wouldn't usually go for so win/win I guess
  • Shin-AluShin-Alu378,677
    Posted on 19 February 20 at 13:17
    I hope to be able to reach the end, the challenge badge was the main focus.

But the days where I did not have much time for go for trophies are behind me during the event period. So hopefully I can make it
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,274
    Posted on 19 February 20 at 17:14
    Given up with the Prize places. The highest ratio I have available is Elder Scrolls onlines platinum and that won't happen anymore as I stopped playing online dance
    When an Xbox breaks down a PS4 opens its doors.
  • Nelson-HellierNelson-Hellier1,110,213
    Posted on 19 February 20 at 20:13
    inatimate1 said:
    Got the rest of the event mapped out, I haven't got a trophy that's going to get me in to the top 3 though, and to think I was going to do the 8 hour limo slog that the one with The IIconics spoke about laugh

It's been fun, and it's got me to pick off a few higher ratio trophies that I wouldn't usually go for so win/win I guess
    True story: On day 5 I went for Smoke and Mirrors.

Got 4hrs 37mins in, and crashed because I thought I could butter some toast one handed whilst also controlling the game.

No one is more happy that the 20.0 ratio barrier has been so thoroughly smashed than me.
  • inatimate1inatimate1679,940
    Posted on 19 February 20 at 20:44
    Nelson-Hellier said:
    inatimate1 said:

True story: On day 5 I went for Smoke and Mirrors.

Got 4hrs 37mins in, and crashed because I thought I could butter some toast one handed whilst also controlling the game.

No one is more happy that the 20.0 ratio barrier has been so thoroughly smashed than me.
    Have you read the three comments made on the achievement by Best In Philly over on TA? It's by far the best thing I've read across the two sites and pretty much sums the grind up perfectly laugh
  • Nelson-HellierNelson-Hellier1,110,213
    Posted on 19 February 20 at 21:20
    inatimate1 said:
    Have you read the three comments made on the achievement by Best In Philly over on TA? It's by far the best thing I've read across the two sites and pretty much sums the grind up perfectly laugh
    I hadn't, but lol. The crusts used to be my favourite part of a pizza.

He's right though; it's not worth it.
    Look after the bronzes, and the platinums will look after themselves.
  • Posted on 19 February 20 at 21:44
    Aww. Don't think I'll be able to beat the new #1.

Honestly, kinda glad I got beat though, that 2K achievement that I earned only takes about 30 minutes to unlock and there is no difficulty to it
  • Posted on 19 February 20 at 21:53, Edited on 19 February 20 at 21:54 by Signor_Capybara
    I reeeeeally don't think I'll be able to pull it off (especially with being a max credit student and nearly full-time worker), but I'm gonna full send and try for the win
  • Posted on 20 February 20 at 14:36
    I see Spikeynesss didn't make this period, so that means the 19.24 is no longer valid. There still could be space at the top three for anyone if they are sticking through to the end. Good luck all.

A leaderboard with top ratios is almost ready to go live I am told. So you should be able to see what to aim for soon.
  • donald047donald0472,466,823
    Posted on 21 February 20 at 11:50, Edited on 21 February 20 at 12:53 by donald047
    BeardedScot86 said:
    I see Spikeynesss didn't make this period, so that means the 19.24 is no longer valid. There still could be space at the top three for anyone if they are sticking through to the end. Good luck all.

A leaderboard with top ratios is almost ready to go live I am told. So you should be able to see what to aim for soon.
    Ooh interesting. While I have absolutely no aims for them, it will be fun to see the battle. About the only game I have that stands a chance is Badlands and it's just too frustrating to even think about playing let alone attempt the specific trophies lol.

EDIT - A couple of big names out in the recent rounds of eliminations.
    Donald W Forbes
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads