Site News

Forum to discuss TT news items. Only TrueTrophy can post here

Vote Now for The TrueTrophies Game of The Decade!

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 January 20 at 15:42, Edited on 17 January 20 at 15:26 by
    Would it be acceptable to vote for re-releases of games that originally came out in previous decades?

Specifically, those which would be considered ports; a lot of games that fit this description are available as choices for me to cast a vote towards. I may be voting for a number of these games, since I love a lot of them, though I am hesitant since they were released prior to 2010 and only seem to be available for nomination purely because they received ports during the period of 2010-2019.

I'd just like to confirm that this is not an oversight.
  • Posted on 13 January 20 at 15:43
    Death Stranding, Ni No Kuni 1, Elite Dangerous, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon and Yakuza 6 for me.

All games were amazing. Ni No Kuni was an instant classic JRPG and my favourite JRPG of all time so far. Elite Dangerous was a hit for me. It's a hit or miss for a lot of people, and had/has a LONG way to go, but man it is everything I want in a game.. Just... Space, exploration, discovery.

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon was another instant classic. Beat it like 8 times. Power Glove is an amazing artist.

Yakuza 6 because I'm biased and Yakuza is the best series ever, and 6 was an AMAZING end to the saga.
  • LiquidCodeLiquidCode1,110,226
    Posted on 13 January 20 at 18:03
    God of War is going to be number 1 obviously wink
  • ArmyVaultArmyVault308,230
    Posted on 13 January 20 at 20:49
    I had to go with Sleeping Dogs for the best underrated game. I know it picked up some popularity eventually but that was a brilliant game that truly didn't get enough recognition.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,296
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 03:08
    I went with LA Noire, it blew me away on Xbox 360 enough to make me go through it on PS4.
    Until Dawn, Life is Strange made up the top three for game of the decade.
    When an Xbox breaks down a PS4 opens its doors.
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 03:09
    Oh and I went Black Mirror for the underrated game.
  • Posted on 14 January 20 at 03:12
    I should change my underrated game vote to Sayonara Wild Hearts. 10/10.
  • xStOnEhEaDxxStOnEhEaDx1,204,012
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 04:29
    I went Mass Effect 2, Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Stardew Valley and Free Realms.

It was really hard to narrow it down to only 5 games.
  • RatchetH22RatchetH22754,024
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 06:11
    iWantEllenPage said:
    I had to go with Sleeping Dogs for the best underrated game. I know it picked up some popularity eventually but that was a brilliant game that truly didn't get enough recognition.
    It was the first game to come to my mind as well. Sleeping Dogs is probably one of my favorite open-world games ever. Fantastic story and fluid combat. Such a shame that a sequel will likely never happen.
  • B1rvineB1rvine815,875
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 12:01, Edited on 14 January 20 at 12:11 by B1rvine
    Decade isn't over for another year. ;)

Best games : I've gone with Monster Hunter World, The Witcher 3, Last of Us, GTA V, and gave Vita some love, with a defining game: Lumines. Semi generic, but they're all popular for a reason.

Best DLC : Hard to pick, but No Man's Sky's update was relevant for completely transforming the game from mediocrity to the amazing experience promised, as well as the devs caring about their community.

Most original : Tearaway's (Vita) platinum journey is very original and requires use of all the technical functions of the Vita hardware itself, and a somewhat unique gameplay functions.

Best Dev/Publisher : Capcom, for making my favorite game, along with a number of 2nd and 3rd place choices: MHW, RE2 Remake, DMC 5, Megaman 11, and others.

Best Series : Assassin's Creed. Black Flag, Origins, and Odyssey was the revitalization this series needed.

Best Underrated: Puddle (Vita) one of those unheard of games that is a masterpiece and makes good use of hardware.
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 20:14
    B1rvine said:
    Decade isn't over for another year. ;)

Best games : I've gone with Monster Hunter World, The Witcher 3, Last of Us, GTA V, and gave Vita some love, with a defining game: Lumines. Semi generic, but they're all popular for a reason.

Best DLC : Hard to pick, but No Man's Sky's update was relevant for completely transforming the game from mediocrity to the amazing experience promised, as well as the devs caring about their community.

Most original : Tearaway's (Vita) platinum journey is very original and requires use of all the technical functions of the Vita hardware itself, and a somewhat unique gameplay functions.

Best Dev/Publisher : Capcom, for making my favorite game, along with a number of 2nd and 3rd place choices: MHW, RE2 Remake, DMC 5, Megaman 11, and others.

Best Series : Assassin's Creed. Black Flag, Origins, and Odyssey was the revitalization this series needed.

Best Underrated: Puddle (Vita) one of those unheard of games that is a masterpiece and makes good use of hardware.
    2010 - 2019 is a decade laugh
    A decade alwaus starts on a round number
  • Posted on 15 January 20 at 22:04, Edited on 15 January 20 at 22:05 by Signor_Capybara
    #1 most underrated game is Battleborn for me easily. Hell, it'll be dead forever (completely unplayable) in a year from now due to it being so rejected.

I do also think Sleeping Dogs is fantastic and underrated (up there with Saints Row 2 for my favorite open world games), but it is way more loved than Battleborn
  • Posted on 18 January 20 at 01:30, Edited on 18 January 20 at 01:30 by AVandelBuster
    SolaceCreed said:
    Our calendar didn't start at 0. It went from 1BCE to 1CE. That's why a decade, in regards to our calendar, doesn't end with a year ending in 9.

Voted Cat Quest as most underated game.
    Posted on 18 January 20 at 03:38
    AVandelBuster said:
    SolaceCreed said:
    Our calendar didn't start at 0. It went from 1BCE to 1CE. That's why a decade, in regards to our calendar, doesn't end with a year ending in 9.

Voted Cat Quest as most underated game.
    Our world runs by the Gregorian calendar
  • Posted on 21 January 20 at 22:44, Edited on 21 January 20 at 22:46 by Prem-aka-Prince
    AVandelBuster said:
    SolaceCreed said:
    While true, it's a difference in counting. If we were talking about the two hundred and second decade (as we do with centuries) then yes, you'd need to recess one. But given that we talk about decades in local grouping, i.e. "70's, 80's, 90's", they're defined by the leading tens-digit and thus end with the 9.
    I do think we all got a bit distracted from the point, though.
    I never change, except in my affections.
    Posted on 22 January 20 at 00:46
    Prem-aka-Prince said:
    AVandelBuster said:
    SolaceCreed said:
    While true, it's a difference in counting. If we were talking about the two hundred and second decade (as we do with centuries) then yes, you'd need to recess one. But given that we talk about decades in local grouping, i.e. "70's, 80's, 90's", they're defined by the leading tens-digit and thus end with the 9.
    I do think we all got a bit distracted from the point, though.
    Since King George (the annoying twatbag that he seems to have been), our Calendars run on the 0's
    So a new centuary also starts on a 0. Hence why we say 1900's and not 1901's for example.
    Same with a milennia, our current millenia started in 2000. Otherwise we'd have been celebrating it in 2001.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads