General Discussion

Want to talk Playstation, but not specifically about one console, or anything that would belong in the other forums? This is the place.

The Unofficial Weird Game Challenge for 2020

• StingX2StingX2843,011
    Posted on 28 December 19 at 17:53, Edited on 28 December 19 at 18:34 by StingX2
    First off this is unofficial, and just for fun. The only prize is nothing and it's all on the honor system....or would be but we have trophy unlocks for proof baby.

Please post your joining below!

Welcome to the Weird Game Challenge for 2020, Read the Rules feel free to ask questions
    -Starts 1/1/2020
    -Ends when it becomes 2021
    -ONLY Trophies earned with a 2020 timestamp count
    -Join Anytime, if you join in June anything you earned in 2020 still eligible
    -Each trophy/completion can be used for a single challenge, you may switch stuff around (must announce) but no duplicates unless you are doing well a second region of Game X
    -Everytime you finish a challenge post the challenge and the trophy you earned
    -Also edit the open doc under your name to fill in your sheet
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10IaSvK33KFUcul-EB62u...

-You can do challenges in any order
    -You Need 52 of the 60 to finish, you can earn all 60 for laughs
    -A Beat is getting the trophy for rolling the games credits, a Complete is 100% or Platinum
    -There are no special winners for doing completions over beats for challenges. Start arguing that and your banned from the competition.
    -No Ratalaika games invited

Years/Series
    1.Beat or Complete a remake/port of a game originally release from 1980 to 2007
    2.Beat or Complete a remake/port of a game originally release from 2007 to 2013
    3.Beat or Complete a game released in 2020
    4.Earn 3 "Beaten Game" trophies in a series listed on TrueTrophies

Genres
    5.Beat or Complete a game on TT with the genre Action-RPG
    6.Beat or Complete a game on TT with the genre Action Adventure
    7.Beat or Complete a game on TT with the genre Adventure
    8.Beat or Complete a game on TT with the genre Racing (Any of the 3)
    9.Beat or Complete a game on TT with the genre First Person Shooter
    10.Beat or Complete a game on TT with the genre Third Person Shooter
    11.Beat or Complete a game on TT with the genre Strategy
    12.Beat or Complete a game on TT with the genre Fighting
    13.Beat or Complete a game on TT with the genre Sports (Any Subgenre of Sports fine)
    14.Beat or Complete a game on TT with the genre Stealth
    15.Beat or Complete a game on TT with the genre Metroidvania
    16.Beat or Complete a game on TT with the genre Turn Based

Demographics
    17.Beat/Complete a game with a female lead
    18.Beat/Complete a game with a child lead
    19.Beat/Complete a game with a non-white human/humanoid lead
    20.Beat/Complete a game with a robot/artificial lead
    21.Beat/Complete a game with a an animal lead
    22.Beat/Complete a game with a lead that's from a fictional species
    23.Beat/Complete a game you dropped for a long time (No 2019 started games, anything else good)

Stats (Opencritic.com)
    24.Beat/Complete a game with an Opencritic score of under 70
    25.Beat/Complete a game with an Opencritic score of over 90

Flags (Careful these will black out the game for other challenges)
    26.Earn 1 trophy with the MULTIPLE PLAYTHROUGH flag
    27.Earn 1 trophy with the LEVEL flag
    28.Earn 1 trophy with the SHOP flag
    29.Earn 1 trophy with the COOPERATIVE flag

Names (Careful these will black out the game for other challenges)
    30.Earn a trophy that are named after fighting with your fists (Brawler, Pugilist, Fisticuffs, Punch, etc)
    31.Earn a trophy with the word DEAD in the name
    32.Earn a trophy that is related to the earth element (rocks, earthquakes, boulders, etc)
    33.Earn a trophy that is related to the fire element (fire, flame, burn, lava, etc)
    34.Earn a trophy that is related to the wind element (wind, air, gust, tornado, etc)
    35.Earn a trophy that is related to the water element (water, ocean, bubble, tide, etc)
    36.Earn a trophy that is related to the heart element (Hearts, Souls, Love, etc)
    37.Earn a trophy that is a rank in the military (Captain, Admiral, Sergeant, etc)

Themes
    38.Beat/Complete a game where the central theme is Romance
    39.Beat/Complete a game where the central theme is HORROR
    40.Beat/Complete a game where the central theme is Mystery
    41.Beat/Complete a game where the central theme is Comedy
    42.Beat/Complete a game where the central theme is Family Values
    43.Beat/Complete a game where the central theme is you the player are the bad guy

Around the World
    44.Beat/Complete a game that has a SEWER level/area
    45.Beat/Complete a game that has a SNOWY TOWN/VILLAGE/CITY
    46.Beat/Complete a game that has a DESERT level/area
    47.Beat/Complete a game that has a level/mission that takes place on an airplane
    48.Beat/Complete a game that has you explore a tomb, crypt, or graveyard

Minigames/Activities
    49.Beat/Complete a game that has a fishing minigame/activity
    50.Beat/Complete a game that has a card minigame
    51.Beat/Complete a game that has a Sports/Athletic minigame
    52.Beat/Complete a game that has a button mashing minigame
    53.Beat/Complete a game that has a drinking minigame/activity

Misc
    54.Beat/Complete a game promoting a toy, product, or movie
    55.Beat/Complete a game that starts with the first letter of your username
    56.Complete a game that has no platinum
    57.Beat/Complete a game that has a TrueTrophies Walkthrough posted
    58.Beat/Complete a game that has a TrueTrophies Site/User review posted from 2019 or before
    59.Beat/Complete a game with VR or Optional VR content
    60.Beat/Complete a game that was given for free on Playstation Plus
  • StingX2StingX2843,011
    Posted on 28 December 19 at 18:34, Edited on 28 December 19 at 18:43 by StingX2
    Question: My question is can the game be started this year?
    Yes, they can but the 'beat the game trophy' part of it or the trophy related to the specific challenge must be done in 2020. If you started God of War and then walked away its not negated

Question: The other question is once you place it in a category is it locked in or are you able to move games around if you decide something fits in a criteria better
    Answer: you can change at will, just announce what your moving

Question: That is a lot to track
    Answer: Not a question really but I've done this on other forums for years, the best way is to check in weekly/monthly and see what you've done and how it fits. Until you get down to the last few you don't really need to usually go too far out of your way.
  • Posted on 28 December 19 at 18:48
    Of course, I am in.
  • Slayer1189Slayer11892,175,042
    Posted on 29 December 19 at 11:42
    Sign me up toast

I have other goals for 2020 that will take precedent, but happy to be in this and see how it goes. If it looks like I am getting close I will likely go for a big wrap up towards the end of the year!

As for the amount of tracking, that doesn't bother me at all... I am that guy that likes stats and keeping track of things a little too much laugh
  • Posted on 31 December 19 at 16:52
    This looks like a lot of fun! One of my major gaming projects for 2020 is tackling the PS3 backlog and it looks like this challenge could dovetail quite nicely with that.

I'll do my best, anyway smile
  • StingX2StingX2843,011
    Posted on 31 December 19 at 17:01
    biff_beefcake said:
    This looks like a lot of fun! One of my major gaming projects for 2020 is tackling the PS3 backlog and it looks like this challenge could dovetail quite nicely with that.

I'll do my best, anyway smile
    Exactly my plan honestly
  • David_SkitzoDavid_Skitzo180,169
    Posted on 01 January 20 at 02:56
    Mehh, just or the lulz
  • TiawynTiawyn283,064
    Posted on 06 January 20 at 15:55
    I will try, I earned 26.Earn 1 trophy with the MULTIPLE PLAYTHROUGH flag on Jan 2 smile
  • StingX2StingX2843,011
    Posted on 06 January 20 at 19:08
    Tiawyn said:
    I will try, I earned 26.Earn 1 trophy with the MULTIPLE PLAYTHROUGH flag on Jan 2 smile
    welcome, share what you earned to get that! :)
  • TiawynTiawyn283,064
    Posted on 06 January 20 at 21:11
    StingX2 said:
    Tiawyn said:
    welcome, share what you earned to get that! :)
    oops facepalm
    it was this
    Light Fairytale Episode 1Alternate journeyThe Alternate journey trophy in Light Fairytale Episode 1 worth 114 pointsComplete Kuroko's story.
  • Posted on 13 January 20 at 14:35
    Beating the story mode for Frostpunk (the A New home Scenario) is probably the most "snowy city" criteria possible.

Also if you value your completion percentage, stay away. Fun city builder but that Extreme Endless mode is brutal.
  • minpinz23186minpinz23186139,933
    Posted on 13 January 20 at 18:44
    Glad I saw this - I need motivation to start playing more on the Playstation. Doubt I'll get anywhere near done, but this sounds like fun. Thanks for running it!
  • StingX2StingX2843,011
    Posted on 13 January 20 at 19:04
    2.Beat or Complete a remake/port of a game originally release from 2007 to 2013 Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

1/52 for me
    Posted on 14 January 20 at 16:04
    Doing a bit of cleanup from the 12 Days challenge:

55.Beat/Complete a game that starts with the first letter of your username
    minpinz23186's trophies in Minefield

33.Earn a trophy that is related to the fire element (fire, flame, burn, lava, etc)
    Word Maze by POWGIFifteen Minutes of Flameminpinz23186The Fifteen Minutes of Flame trophy in Word Maze by POWGI worth 31 pointsSolve every puzzle in "On Fire"

35.Earn a trophy that is related to the water element (water, ocean, bubble, tide, etc)
    Block-a-Pix DeluxeSitting on the Block of the Bayminpinz23186The Sitting on the Block of the Bay trophy in Block-a-Pix Deluxe worth 15 pointsSolve the puzzle 'Harbor'

3/52
    Posted on 30 December 20 at 18:43
    I just wanted to say thanks for doing this - even though I didn't come anywhere near finishing, it gave me some focus between site events. This was indeed a weird year, so the challenge fit well. headspin
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads