Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Bring back XP

• Posted on 29 November 19 at 13:36, Edited on 29 November 19 at 14:08 by BeardedScot86
    Please bring back XP. Posting here so we can get votes on it. Please vote in the upper right of this page

I can figure out my total XP easy enough, but I can't easily compare that to anyone. I don't want to sit and do calculations that this website provided before.

Period Summaries are another key area I miss it. They don't show the types of trophies unlocked each month / year. So I can't look at those and do the calculation. It is just a lost statistic now.

IMO TT is a much worse site now that the stat is gone
    #BringBackXP
  • AtsumaKarinAtsumaKarin1,298,501
    Posted on 29 November 19 at 13:59
    +1, I'll paste my previous comment on this for posterity here:

IMO, removing the XP value makes things more confusing, not less, as the TT values by each trophy just look like random numbers now.

Yeah, a lot of people know the values of each trophy these days but there will always be newbies who need introductions and it's another thing that they would be confused about and we'd have to explain repeatedly.

Also, as this was a system introduced after GS, a lot of people likely will view the XP as important, like GS, plus the actual PSN level is calculated by XP, which has also been removed and I think should be re-instated along with XP. Also, I feel that the Level cap should be removed, if only for TT level, to be in line with other sites, plus it would fit under the whole "True Level" thing more imo, as if there were no cap, that *would* be what your level would be.

It's also fascinating to see the contrast for each person, rather than having to do extra calculations to work it out...also from my own perspective, I like to compare it to how many trophies I have as I often have fewer trophies than the people with similar XP due to all the high Gold trophy games I play. laugh

On the positive side of things, I do like the design aesthetically, it looks a lot sleeker imo...but I think more stats (in general) can only ever be a good thing, esp. when they are monumental to the core calculations of TT score, which by extension, is why this site is even here. toast
    Game Info/Genre Team Member. :D Enjoys the thrill of the GRP (Gold Rush Plat) and seeing Double (or more) Milestones in his Friend Feed!
  • PostmortimusPostmortimus249,730
    Posted on 30 November 19 at 01:28
    What it really boils down to for me is that it just doesn't make sense to have to bring up a calculator everytime I want to see my overall base trophy xp. Even more so since it was originally already done for you. This site has a lot of great things going for it but the base trophy xp (and level) are a pillar of what makes this site.

Here's to this feature coming back quickly.
  • Posted on 30 November 19 at 14:12
    I'm definitely on board as well. Without PSN numbers this site just becomes a list of numbers without any basis for them.

Also, I would point out that when I first started using this site, I had a hard time grasping the whole TT ratio idea. I spent a lot of time comparing the PSN XP to the TT XP on every page, from my homepage to my list of games to individual trophies. I would have probably given up on this site a long time ago if there had not been an easily viewable comparison of the TT scores to the PSN scores. We are probably turning people away right now without having this trophy stable on the site. What sort of trophy site DOESN'T have that?

If nothing else, at least explain the rational for making this change. As of this moment it just feels like the group was lazy or didn't want it to begin with. Prove me wrong!
    “Dreams are important... never underestimate them.” -Fifth Doctor
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,296
    Posted on 30 November 19 at 20:33
    For individual trophy values on game pages, I'm not that fussed. Most of us by now know the xp values of the actual trophies. It's more the overal PS level next to the TT level that bothers me.

But I've been told they're already working on it, so it shouldn't be long.
  • ArmyVaultArmyVault308,230
    Posted on 30 November 19 at 23:52
    Wow, I didn't even notice it was gone. Oops.
    Posted on 01 December 19 at 19:48
    iWantEllenPage said:
    Wow, I didn't even notice it was gone. Oops.
    IWantYourPSNID laugh
  • Posted on 02 December 19 at 05:05
    XP and PSN level is a hugely important, it seems a real oversight on behalf of the devs to remove this. I am going to probably assume that's because, with TA being their primary site, that most the senior staff are knowledgeable to the XBOX Gamerscore system and don't really understand Playstation Trophies.

Let this thread be the perfect simple explanation for you how desired they are. I clicked this from number 3 in hot topics list and it is one of the single most upvoted threads in this section already, the only ones with more upvotes have downvotes too whilst this is a clean sweep.

XP and PSN level not only provides context for you scoring system (just like Gamerscore, you wouldn't remove that on TA would you?) but they're the very core of the Playstations trophy system, without them, members will go elsewhere to track them.

I sincerely hope you remedy this situation. Many of your site features compliment the stat to provide information your competitors don't offer as easily such as stats per month & year and more.
  • mysticmoshmysticmosh1,069,637
    Posted on 02 December 19 at 09:13
    Please bring back the actual trophy points value to the monthly summaries page. Without it the true trophy score is pretty meaningless (plus I don't really want to have to start dividing TT score by ratio!)
    Posted on 02 December 19 at 16:47
    They're already working on it. Don't need more posts for the same thing laugh
  • Posted on 02 December 19 at 21:58
    SolaceCreed said:
    PSN/TT level to be exact, not to confuse future readers.
  • WaseWalayseWaseWalayse1,413,605
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 09:31, Edited on 03 December 19 at 09:32 by WaseWalayse
    that and I would love to see friend comparison in "All of 2019" tab again as well cry
    Posted on 10 December 19 at 03:30
    Najinceil said:
    SolaceCreed said:
    So you won't bring back the xp stat?
  • Posted on 10 December 19 at 11:51
    Postmortimus said:
    Najinceil said:
    SolaceCreed said:
    So you won't bring back the xp stat?
    It's not up to me, I'm just part of the volunteer staff.
    Posted on 10 December 19 at 20:09
    Sorry, not you directly, meant the site in general.
  • Posted on 24 December 19 at 12:14, Edited on 24 December 19 at 13:04 by BeardedScot86
    XP is making a return. You should notice it on Game page and on your profile page. In the new year it should be back in Period Summaries too.

You will also find your PSN level by hovering over your TT level
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads