Community Events

Forum for the Twelve Days of Christmas 2019 Contest

12 Days of Christmas 2019 Discussion

• Posted on 27 December 19 at 21:49Permalink
    DreamingSnoozles said:
    any recommendations for an achievement with Z?
    If you were PS Plus back in the day (PS4 release), 2 levels of Dead Nation covers it off.
    Kind regards, Ben
  • Posted on 28 December 19 at 10:22Permalink
    I got one now but thank you :)
  • Posted on 30 December 19 at 11:22Permalink
    Yeeeeeah. Looks like I am pretty hosed on day 11. I don't have time to beat several games.
  • Posted on 30 December 19 at 14:01Permalink
    And done. Finished both here and on TA, love this challenge every year. Of course, I broke down and bought some easy stuff for the last couple of days - much as I want to clean them up, it might be smarter to save them for the next contest ...
  • Posted on 30 December 19 at 21:30, Edited on 31 December 19 at 19:42 by AVandelBusterPermalink
    Rogue Trooper Redux is on sale. I can go through the campaign on normal. Each level awards a trophy.

Rogue Trooper really saved my perfect streak.
  • ArcticCressArcticCress399,215
    Posted on 01 January 20 at 00:57Permalink
    Like the past 2017 and 2018 challenges, I again finished on December 31st in this challenge as well. Got my Time Consuming trophy in Gems of War as well, so I'm still perfect in TT challenges so far.
  • ZvetikiZvetiki186,809
    Posted on 01 January 20 at 03:13Permalink
    Some more or less useful stats:

Attrition rate per challenge:
    1 19,35%
    2 28,70%
    3 8,81%
    4 9,66%
    5 8,78%
    6 7,11%
    7 2,25%
    8 7,37%
    9 11,94%
    10 6,21%
    11 10,24%
    12 2,68%

The high failure rate for the first two challenges suggests that at most half of the people registering for the event actually cared. Only 4 of 149 participants failed the spelling challenge: Those who kept in until the end were determined to finish it.

A perfect record of 8/8 challenges is now held by 18 gamers; I think this is one down from before. The badges for the Coffee Cup Challenge (is that the name?) have not been handed out yet.

Latest starter was East1999Eternal, who started bothering with the Challenges on 24th, yet managed to finish in time.
  • dwamalikidwamaliki446,313
    Posted on 02 January 20 at 09:11Permalink
    Big thanks for running this event! It was really fun to take part in it! Some tasks (shopping, cumulative, difficutly specific trophies and letter Z) were really big challenges for me but I'm happy I managed to do it in a given time :) I promised myself not to buy anything especially for this event, but as I needed letter Z and got so far I ended up with buying My Name is Mayo...
  • RNumbersRNumbers701,606
    Posted on 03 January 20 at 19:42Permalink
    Zvetiki said:
    A perfect record of 8/8 challenges is now held by 18 gamers; I think this is one down from before. The badges for the Coffee Cup Challenge (is that the name?) have not been handed out yet.
    Nice, looking forward to the Coffee Cup to make it 9/9. :p
  • Skydude252Skydude252288,873
    Posted on 04 January 20 at 12:09Permalink
    Hey, now that the challenge is over I wanted to ask about that bonus challenge badge for doing challenge 1 with the "time consuming" trophy. Is this the right place to ask about that? I noted it when I actually finished the challenge and the first "challenge completion" badge got added to my profile, but didn't get a response. Just want to make sure I get credit for that.
  • Posted on 04 January 20 at 15:33Permalink
    Skydude252 said:
    Hey, now that the challenge is over I wanted to ask about that bonus challenge badge for doing challenge 1 with the "time consuming" trophy. Is this the right place to ask about that? I noted it when I actually finished the challenge and the first "challenge completion" badge got added to my profile, but didn't get a response. Just want to make sure I get credit for that.
    Over on TA it was mentioned that a scan has to be done by the staff in order to issue that, and would only be done after the contest was finished. It will probably be once they get back in the office after the holidays - best guess is Monday or Tuesday.
  • Skydude252Skydude252288,873
    Posted on 07 January 20 at 18:09Permalink
    It looks like it's been taken care of for me now, hopefully they got it for everyone. Though it does admittedly look odd that I have 5 completions of 4 community events.
  • DrNefarioDrNefario60,196
    Posted on 08 January 20 at 09:37Permalink
    I was a bit worried when I saw I had the bonus badge on TA and not on here, but it's there now. It looks like it's a fairly manual process.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.