Forum for the Twelve Days of Christmas 2019 Contest

12 Days of Christmas 2019 Discussion

• Posted on 29 November 19 at 10:46
    Happy Holidays folks!

Please use this thread to discuss your challenges and anything else to do with the Twelve Days of Christmas event. It's a great spot to ask for help with a particular challenge, or share how you completed yours with others who might be stuck.
    TrueTrophies News and Content Editor
  • Nelson-HellierNelson-Hellier1,103,779
    Posted on 02 December 19 at 12:45
    Hopefully this forum will be as lively as that of the previous TT contest, and each of our homes on Christmas morning.

Day 1 is certainly a bigger challenge than I thought it would be, but I actually welcome it, and will rise to meet it.

Just like Santa rises up a chimney to meet his reindeer after depositing a present user the tree of all those good little girls and boys.
  • LucasKellLucasKell576,895
    Posted on 02 December 19 at 14:18, Edited on 02 December 19 at 14:43 by LucasKell
    They've now changed the challenge, unfortunately, so it's not really much of effort any more. There's plenty of trophies tagged as collectibles just for getting one of, or a small amount of, a collectible.
  • Nelson-HellierNelson-Hellier1,103,779
    Posted on 02 December 19 at 14:48
    Yeah, I noticed the change.

Those that go for the greater challenge will be given an extra challenge point for their profile though, so there is still some incentive I suppose.

I'm a little disappointed by the change. Unless people were privately messaging admin about it, only a few people had actually complained at that point.

But hey ho. Ho. Ho.
  • Posted on 02 December 19 at 15:15
    I personally just gave up when I saw the original challenge. The niche conditions combined with not that many flags on this site means I didn't stand a chance,
    Posted on 02 December 19 at 15:27
    Nelson-Hellier said:
    Yeah, I noticed the change.

Those that go for the greater challenge will be given an extra challenge point for their profile though, so there is still some incentive I suppose.

I'm a little disappointed by the change. Unless people were privately messaging admin about it, only a few people had actually complained at that point.

But hey ho. Ho. Ho.
    Yeah, though if you unlocked a collectible on the way to a TC trophy, it messes that up apparently.

I think they should just stick to the challenges they set. Some people will complain about any challenge, it doesn't mean it should be changed. Like I said over on TA, if tomorrow there's a challenged to get 2 trophies in sports games can I complain and have them add "... or RPGs" so I don't have to play FIFA? laugh

It just gets silly if they start buckling to pressure.

MineTrapCraft said:
    I personally just gave up when I saw the original challenge. The niche conditions combined with not that many flags on this site means I didn't stand a chance,
    Start up Minecraft, go into a peaceful game, wait 33 hours (assuming you've played 0 hours).
  • Posted on 02 December 19 at 15:35
    Which requires me to buy new games. Funnily enough I played someone else's Minecraft on my account once and that's it. Funny, seeing my name.
    Posted on 02 December 19 at 15:59
    MineTrapCraft said:
    Which requires me to buy new games. Funnily enough I played someone else's Minecraft on my account once and that's it. Funny, seeing my name.
    Surely that's always a risk when you're engaging in an event though? I did the UHH on TA one year and was presented with achievements for games I no longer owned. It happens.

Later challenges in this could do the same as we'll undoubtedly see a challenge for a specific genre (and if it's sports, I'll have to go buy something) and there will likely be challenges for trophies with specific characters at the start of their name or with specific length names which will be tricky to get for some people.
  • StingX2StingX2840,220
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 02:31
    On Day 1 I woke up in a mining facility, I was a slave and to survive I grabbed an illegal pistol and slaughtered the guards. We are hungry the other slaves said. I ate a cheeseburger and left, long live the strong

Day 1 Completed
  • dwamalikidwamaliki742,807
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 10:20
    Where should I send an aplication to add this game: Minefield to free to play list? I've just earned 2 trophies in this game and haven't completed the challenge.
  • PSXtreme_PSXtreme_228,374
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 11:36
    Defiance (PS3) and Flow (PS3) should also be added. You haven't had to pay to play either of them for years now.
  • Posted on 03 December 19 at 11:36
    dwamaliki said:
    Where should I send an aplication to add this game: Minefield to free to play list? I've just earned 2 trophies in this game and haven't completed the challenge.
    Sorted!

BAM
  • Posted on 03 December 19 at 11:43
    Honestly I feel like PS+ games should be considered Free to play because that's how most people I know treat them.

P.S. The Game of Thrones Telltale games count for this but not Borderlands Telltale, while I personally got all 3 for free through PS+. Why's that?
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 11:45
    MineTrapCraft said:
    P.S. The Game of Thrones Telltale games count for this but not Borderlands Telltale, while I personally got all 3 for free through PS+. Why's that?
    It will probably only be the first episode that counts, and only if that episode was released for free (not PS+).
  • Posted on 03 December 19 at 11:46
    MineTrapCraft said:
    Honestly I feel like PS+ games should be considered Free to play because that's how most people I know treat them.

Borderlands Telltale counts now.

As for the F2P thing, we consider games that have been permanently made free to be F2P. So PS+ games don't count as they're back to costing money now, unlike Destiny 2 for example.
  • Posted on 03 December 19 at 11:50
    Najinceil said:
    MineTrapCraft said:

Borderlands Telltale counts now.

As for the F2P thing, we consider games that have been permanently made free to be F2P. So PS+ games don't count as they're back to costing money now, unlike Destiny 2 for example.
    I see, that makes sense.
  • dwamalikidwamaliki742,807
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 12:46
    Najinceil said:
    dwamaliki said:
    Sorted!

BAM
    Thanks!
  • MurphirothMurphiroth471,801
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 20:06
    Does Path of Exile count for this one? It's FtP as far as I know but doesn't show up in my valid trophies list.
  • Posted on 03 December 19 at 20:14
    Murphiroth said:
    Does Path of Exile count for this one? It's FtP as far as I know but doesn't show up in my valid trophies list.
    It does count. You haven't started it, so it isn't appearing. If you change the filter at the top to include Games in your collection, then they will appear
    #BringBackXP - Show your support by voting to get it back https://www.truetrophies.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=97025
  • MurphirothMurphiroth471,801
    Posted on 03 December 19 at 20:15
    Oh yeah forgot to do that, gotcha.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads