Site Help

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

TrueTrophies Responsive Website FAQ

• CanezzaCanezza74,205
  • Posted on 29 November 19 at 02:39
    Regarding the background image on out gamer page - is it possible at all to select the image from a game of our choice to set as a fixed image?
    If not, is this something that may be implemented down the track as that would be really awesome!
    Thanks!
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
  • PostmortimusPostmortimus249,781
    Posted on 05 December 19 at 19:50, Edited on 05 December 19 at 19:57 by Postmortimus
    If you're going to remove trophy xp, you might as well remove gamerscore over on TA. Removing the xp value renders the TT score irrelevant since the base score isn't shown any more. This decision seems completely daft to me.

The main draw to this site for me was the means to see my numerical xp score instead of a tiny pic of a bronze, silver, gold and platinum trophy. I can go to psnptofiles for it but then I'd pretty much only be on there with very little reason to pop in here on a daily basis.

If people are getting confused over the different numerical values on here, they've joined the wrong site.
  • Posted on 05 December 19 at 23:03
    Postmortimus said:
    If you're going to remove trophy xp, you might as well remove gamerscore over on TA.
    Not that I'm defending XP removal, but XP and Gamerscore are ENTIRELY different.

Gamerscore is shown on xbox's/microsofts end and can be actively tracked on the console. The numerical values of trophy and total xp isn't on the Playstation, anywhere, for anyone to see. It's a hidden number that TT tracked.

Removing Gamerscore because XP is removed is a bit overboard.
  • PipsqweekPipsqweek1,985,492
    Posted on 06 December 19 at 12:20
    Najinceil said:
    Not that I'm defending XP removal, but XP and Gamerscore are ENTIRELY different.
    I wouldn't go that far either.

They both make up the base data (and for Playstation, it also makes up what PSN level you have), just because Sony obfuscates theirs behind trophies doesn't make it any less valid (in my opinion).

Personally, I used it to compete with a work colleague as we'd check our Monthly Summaries, but now it's been removed, we've stopped doing that. The reason we used XP was that it was a static figure which wasn't going to change.
  • PostmortimusPostmortimus249,781
    Posted on 10 December 19 at 05:54
    Najinceil said:
    Postmortimus said:
    If you're going to remove trophy xp, you might as well remove gamerscore over on TA.

Gamerscore is shown on xbox's/microsofts end and can be actively tracked on the console. The numerical values of trophy and total xp isn't on the Playstation, anywhere, for anyone to see. It's a hidden number that TT tracked.

Removing Gamerscore because XP is removed is a bit overboard.
    For the purposes of these sites they are identical and not remotely different. You have no TT score without psn xp just like you have no TA score without xbox gamerscore.

The main reason I signed up for the beta and visit this site daily is to look at that stat and compare with the TT score AND my gamerscore. The rest is just a nice bonus.

This is a disservice to the website, not a improvement. It may only be affecting the minority in opinion but this is a stat tracking site and no stats should be removed because some people where confused. That's what site help articles and tutorials are for. This only is resulting in the site alienating some of its userbase.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 January 20 at 08:19
    I hope you bring back the Trophy XP. I really dislike that it's missing from the My Game Collection page.
  • PipsqweekPipsqweek1,985,492
    Posted on 24 January 20 at 12:13
    DrFloyd37 said:
    I hope you bring back the Trophy XP. I really dislike that it's missing from the My Game Collection page.
    Bring back XP
  • Posted on 24 January 20 at 14:29
    Pipsqweek said:
    DrFloyd37 said:
    Bring back XP
    It is back. It's just slowly coming back to other pages, as there's a lot happening on the devs plate this month.
  • nicklesminernicklesminer476,353
    Posted on 11 February 20 at 17:54
    On TA there is a setting called Accentuate achievement won status where the name of the achivement is highlighted when you've unlocked it (it may me a new addition, i don't remember seeing it post new design). Any chance this is coming to the new design here? I believe this was a feature in the old design
  • Posted on 11 February 20 at 19:21
    nicklesminer said:
    On TA there is a setting called Accentuate achievement won status where the name of the achivement is highlighted when you've unlocked it (it may me a new addition, i don't remember seeing it post new design). Any chance this is coming to the new design here? I believe this was a feature in the old design
    https://i.imgur.com/KcH82Tu.png

If you go up to your settings/name in the top right, go to the icon in the image then click the box for Highlight trophy won status, does this do what you're looking for?

https://i.imgur.com/P7L6Tkw.png
  • nicklesminernicklesminer476,353
    Posted on 13 February 20 at 22:48
    Najinceil said:
    nicklesminer said:
    https://i.imgur.com/KcH82Tu.png

If you go up to your settings/name in the top right, go to the icon in the image then click the box for Highlight trophy won status, does this do what you're looking for?

https://i.imgur.com/P7L6Tkw.png
    That is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks! I saw it on site settings on TA, but didn't even notice it in that menu.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads