Game Discussion: White Knight Chronicles

White Knight Chronicles - unattainable trophies?

• Posted on 13 August 13 at 13:28
    Looking to pick this game up cheap, however I know they closed servers down a while ago. Looking at the trophy list it doesn't look as though anything is out of reach with servers nonexistent, but I wanted to be certain before I throw it in my machine.

Any one know if this game can be completed despite having no server life left?
    XboxLIVE: EMPATH1C MIM1C
  • Posted on 13 August 13 at 14:02
    I believe that it is still possible but will be very very time consuming offline and apparently a lot harder
  • Posted on 13 August 13 at 15:34
    I don't mind that as much - if it is a good game that can hold my attention then the longevity, and the difficulty, would not be a problem.
  • Posted on 13 August 13 at 16:05
    Munchmagic is right, I've heard that with the loss of it's online the game because much harder yet I've never heard the term unattainable associated with it. So there's hope!
  • AchtieAchtie189,217
    Posted on 13 August 13 at 21:14
    i know that you need the extra DLC quests to get the 50 S rank throphy since there are only 51 on the disc and 2 are impossible to solo. with a patch they added new 'blue quests' to the list. But before the servers were shut down rumors were going around that the blue quests would become unavaiable since the game needed to make contact with geonet to obtain them.
    i have no clue if they are avaiable now or not. but i would do some research before playing it. or try on another account.

If you have the blue quests the game is possible to plat. but it will be hard and take alot of time. Took me 548 hours to plat it online.
  • Posted on 13 August 13 at 21:25
    It's possible to plat this game if you are willing to grind for (tens of) thousands of hours cause without the blue levels it's close to impossible to solo.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 August 13 at 02:38
    Achtie said:
    Took me 548 hours to plat it online.
    F- F- fuh-- fuhhh---- FIVE HUNDRED FORTY EIGHT HOURS?!

::falls dead::
    "You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive..."
  • Posted on 14 August 13 at 04:21
    Achtie said:
    If you have the blue quests the game is possible to plat. but it will be hard and take alot of time. Took me 548 hours to plat it online.
    ....548 hours to plat it online WITH the blue quests? If it takes longer now, I can only imagine somebody doing it from scratch...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 August 13 at 04:26
    Oh ***k. I have this game. Welp, thankfully I'm not completionist crazy anymore! (usually)
    "You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive..."
  • AchtieAchtie189,217
    Posted on 14 August 13 at 13:14
    yup it takes alot of time to complete and it includes massive amounts of grinding. i did it with the blue quests and with other people. the quests arent really made to solo but it is possible. just expect to fail alot until you get the hang of it. i think you can easily double that time if you are doing it solo with the blue quests.

ive heard that the second game is way easier to solo since you can bring NPCs with you on your quests. This option is not avaiable in the 1st game and you are literaly doing everything alone. i might try to plat the 2nd game somewhere down the line but enough grinding for now.
  • Posted on 15 August 13 at 05:50
    Shadow_Enz said:
    Achtie said:

::falls dead::
    I can probably name maybe one game I've ever played in my life for that long..
  • Posted on 15 August 13 at 15:32
    Shadow_Enz said:
    Achtie said:
    Hot damn... 100+ hours is the line I draw where I know I've sunk deep into a game. But wow that's a lot. That's just a stupid grind and I hate it when developers seek to waste our time like that.
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 15 August 13 at 16:25
    Well, this thread went from hopeful to depressing awfully fast laugh

I may still pick this up, since it is currently $8 used, and see how I like it...
  • MayadomeMayadome523,354
    Posted on 24 October 13 at 17:47, Edited on 24 October 13 at 17:49 by Mayadome
    I sunk 250 hours into WKC2 and only got up to guild rank 22. I would imagine it would take double if not triple if you're grinding guild points on your own so certainly a long time to get all the trophies now. My estimate would be 500-1000 hours when online was active, 2000+ hours solo.
    Feel The Ether
  • Posted on 24 October 13 at 20:10, Edited on 24 October 13 at 20:10 by Prem-aka-Prince
    Mercy on the soul that spends that long on one game... and not even having endless fun, just grinding cry
    =Semper Fi=
  • MadCarbonMadCarbon262,035
    Posted on 22 May 14 at 16:45
    I will eventually (in a few months) be booting this up to get the simpler trophies. Doubt that I will be working on the silly time ones.

Can you console link? It's been years since I played it.
  • isken08isken08255,200
    Posted on 09 January 19 at 20:38
    I've platinum'd it at 400 hours but because i played online when servers where up. Now, solo, you are looking at +550 hours. Is doable, everything can be grinded (the hardest trophy would be the 50 S ranks)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads