Game Discussion: Devil May Cry 5

Reworked Hell & Hell S-Rank Commented Walktrough with focus on Nero and V

• SturmhauserSturmhauser299,739
    Posted on 26 November 19 at 11:36, Edited on 24 February 20 at 15:05 by Sturmhauser
    Hello!

I have reworked the guide a bit, with better audio and some new, more stylish and consistent ways to fight certian enemies, in patricular the Antennora and the Fury. I have also found a consistent way to get the required 5500 style points on mission 08, allowing for taking up to two hits on that mission.

The aim with this guide is to debunk a few myths about the difficulty (it really isn't that hard) and at the same time show you a few simple tricks and combos - what I like to refer to as a baseline moveset and mindset - that will allow you to play both safe and stylish. What this will do is allow you to take up to two hits per mission and still get the mission S-ranks without any problems.

I've structured the guide so that it takes one charachter at a time, with for Nero a long intro on how to safely and stylish with some simple combos and camera manipulation techniques defeat all enemytypes in all diffrent enemy combiantions and all bosses; and for V some basic tips and tricks on how to aviod using auto-assist (on two of the four missions).

The point of playing this way (not going for neither the 1.2 no-continues bonus nor the 2.0 no-damage bonus by instead getting the required 5500 stylepoints with any bonus) at least for me was to mitigate the randomness, nervouness and tediousness steming from the fact by jumping around and shooting with Nero or using auto-assit with V a single misstake or cheapshot would force restarting the mission enteirly.

Here is a link to the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmIE3NGxNmg&list=PLWotOo...
    Posted on 08 December 19 at 23:44
    Alright, so the guide is finished now and it now includes all missions for all three characters.

Just to clarify what I failed to mention initially: about going for the no bonus multipliers and instead allowing for taking up to two hits per mission, this only applies to Nero and V, and not for Dante.

For Dante I tried to expand on the no damage, Dr Faust-cheese strategy. The reason for the latter is that the Dr Faust cheese is by far the easiest and less random method to use for Dante because you can time the meteor as the enemies spawn in on almost all the Dante fights on all his missions.

As for Nero and V: There are two missions, mission 08 with Nero and mission 05 with V, where I failed to manifest my intention with the guide, namely not going for the bonus multiplier with Nero and not using auto-assist with V. For mission 08 I’ve made a separate commented walkthrough video where I get the required 5500 style points and thus allowing for taking up to two hits. However, this method is a little bit more complicated and input heavy than the general so called “baseline”-method I tried to establish for Nero in the introductory video. The so called baseline method is a at the same time safe, stylish and fairly input easy method for Nero, making his Hell & Hell missions a lot less random and tedious. The baseline method didn’t hold up in terms of style points on mission 08 though. I also couldn't for the life of me get the required 5500 style points on mission 05 with V, so there auto assist method is advocated.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads