Pro Account Holders

Forum for Pro Account holders to give feedback on early access features.

Responsive Beta General Feedback

• Posted on 21 November 19 at 12:10, Edited on 21 November 19 at 12:39 by WebChimp_UK
    Please post your feedback on the new site in this thread.

FAQ:

How do I update my site status?
    This is on the gamer menu on the second tab.

Where are all my customized links?
    Your main pages (homepage, My Games, My Game Collection, My Trophies etc are on the first page of the gamer menu. The other links are on the gamer menu on the link tab.

Will we be able to use the old site once the beta test is over?
    When we are fully live you will not be able to switch back to the old site. We have struggled to maintain 2 sites (desktop and mobile) side by side, which has led to the limited functionality on mobile. Maintaining 3 would void the whole point of making this new site.

We have duplicate messages in PMs and the Notifications tab
    Until the whole site is using the new notifications system, we cannot turn off the PMs for those notifications.

What's happened to XP?
    Behind the scenes at Sony there is a numerical value attributed to trophy types and this is what we based our XP value on. However, as this value is hidden away we thought it was a bit confusing to have both TrueTrophy Score and XP score. As such, we've decided to remove the concept of XP score from the site.
  • Posted on 21 November 19 at 13:31
    The lose of XP has a huge impact on how I look at TT score. Currently I can see I have a base XP of 232,275 and a TT score of 435,604. That shows me I am over 200,000 XP better than the base. I can compare that with others to see not just what my TT is compared to them, but if I have played higher ratios than them. Removing it makes comparing pointless. This significantly impacts how I look at the score.

The gamercard in the top right is missing also. This is a feature I always use. It allows me to quickly scan from any page I am on without having to go into drop down menus. I also use it as my button to go to my homepage. It is a feature I have used since day one on TA and TT and is something I will miss.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite trophy site on the internet!
  • AtsumaKarinAtsumaKarin1,295,579
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 15:06, Edited on 21 November 19 at 15:08 by AtsumaKarin
    IMO, removing the XP value makes things more confusing, not less, as the TT values by each trophy just look like random numbers now.

Yeah, a lot of people know the values of each trophy these days but there will always be newbies who need introductions and it's another thing that they would be confused about and we'd have to explain repeatedly.

Also, as this was a system introduced after GS, a lot of people likely will view the XP as important, like GS, plus the actual PSN level is calculated by XP, which has also been removed and I think should be re-instated along with XP. Also, I feel that the Level cap should be removed, if only for TT level, to be in line with other sites, plus it would fit under the whole "True Level" thing more imo, as if there were no cap, that *would* be what your level would be.

Like Scot above me said, it's also fascinating to see the contrast for each person, rather than having to do extra calculations to work it out...also from my own perspective, I like to compare it to how many trophies I have as I often have fewer trophies than the people with similar XP due to all the high Gold trophy games I play. laugh

The other issue I think people have had with this new layout is the staggered friend feed. I've just about got used to it now...but I feel that other changes have long been requested more frequently and have been not been implemented, in particular, the comment length needing to be extended and the option to edit/delete comments from the feed.

Also, as a minor point, I'd like to see a "mark all as read" option for the messages as well on the pop-up like with notifications, rather than having to open them to get to that...maybe streamline it a bit more as well so I'm not getting repeats in both sections, though with the mark all as read thing, might not matter so much.

Edit: ah, didn't spot your point about this, ignore. :P

On the positive side of things, I do like the design aesthetically, it looks a lot sleeker imo...but I think more stats (in general) can only ever be a good thing, esp. when they are monumental to the core calculations of TT score, which by extension, is why this site is even here. toast
    Game Info/Genre Team Member. :D Enjoys the thrill of the GRP (Gold Rush Plat) and seeing Double (or more) Milestones in his Friend Feed!
  • Slayer1189Slayer11892,172,350
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 15:15
    Whilst I don't personally care about the XP/TT numbers, I agree fully with BeardedScot and Atsuma on that front.

I am generally in favour of more stats so people can choose which ones matter to them, plus Atsuma pointed out to me about new people coming to the site and being confused and that makes a lot of sense and something I hadn't even considered.

As for the Friend Feed. That is my only issue with the redesign. Overall, I like it, but the staggered freidn feed just makes things messy and difficult to read at a glance compared to the flush system we have now.

I am also fully on board with removing the 100 cap and just scaling it up in line with how it does it up to 100. Even if Sony don't remove the cap, there are plenty of people who have now reached it and now don't have an easy snapshot of where they would be.
  • Posted on 21 November 19 at 16:11
    Comments on a status look separate from the status now. Before the users icon was under the status so it was obvious.
  • DelethorDelethor865,812
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 18:21
    The icons for completed games in the trophy case widget seem to miss some css styling. The game icons are normally 58 px wide, while those in the trophy case widget are only 32 px wide.
  • Posted on 21 November 19 at 18:40
    Delethor said:
    The icons for completed games in the trophy case widget seem to miss some css styling. The game icons are normally 58 px wide, while those in the trophy case widget are only 32 px wide.
    Don't worry, I already spoke to a dev and it is fixed (pending update). So next time the site is updated, it will look normal again :)
  • DelethorDelethor865,812
    Posted on 21 November 19 at 18:44, Edited on 21 November 19 at 18:45 by Delethor
    BeardedScot86 said:
    Don't worry, I already spoke to a dev and it is fixed (pending update). So next time the site is updated, it will look normal again :)
    Awesome! I really like the new design. And finally everything available on mobile, too.rock
  • Posted on 24 November 19 at 12:31
    The one thing off the top of my head is a tiny improvement to level, maybe. I know spacing/room is a big issue compared to TA as TT has all the trophies to consider, but I'd like the TT level to at least have a decimal after it to show your progress through the level. That, or a hover-text telling you the percentage, maybe?

Also, PSN level would be cool. I know we removed XP as it's not shown on PSN's side, but the PSN level is. The comparison of your PSN level, and your TT level has always been a cool comparison.
  • iXanoniXanon246,831
    Posted on 26 November 19 at 10:04, Edited on 26 November 19 at 10:09 by iXanon
    Can we have the DLC leaderboard on this page back please? Unless it's been moved somewhere else.?

It's a bit of a useless stat, but is one that I found quite interesting.. toast
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads