Series Discussion

Forum to discuss and propose game series ideas

Telltale Series is missing a lot of games

• Matto_lsiMatto_lsi506,158
    Posted on 31 October 19 at 18:55Permalink
    You can see the 'Telltale Games' series here: Telltale Games Series

^ It lists 52 total game variations when you click on the Leaderboard. However, there are 63 total game variations, which you can see here: Games developed by Telltale Games

A number of games appear to be missing from this series. They include the ones below. How can I add these to the series?

Tales of Monkey Island (5 games):
    Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 1: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal (PS3)
    Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 2: The Siege of Spinner Cay (PS3)
    Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 3: Lair of the Leviathan (PS3)
    Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 4: The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood (PS3)
    Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 5: Rise of the Pirate God (PS3)

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (5 games):
    SBCG4AP Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner (PS3)
    SBCG4AP Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free (PS3)
    SBCG4AP Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands (PS3)
    SBCG4AP Episode 4: Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective (PS3)
    SBCG4AP Episode 5: 8-Bit is Enough (PS3)

Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent (PS3)

Additionally, the Walking Dead Definitive Edition was released by Skybound, but all the games in that series were developed by Telltale, and this edition was created by former Telltale employees whom Skybound hired after the company went under. Would it be appropriate to add this game (2 variations - NA and EU) to this series as well?
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed140,166
    Posted on 01 November 19 at 20:37Permalink
    No in relation to Skybounds release, since Telltale are dead, they can hardly take credit for its release.
    As for the others, I think you'd have to open a flag, at least, that's my understanding. But more than likely won't get added now as they've all been removed from sale.
  • Posted on 02 November 19 at 10:53Permalink
    I think this subforum is the correct place to raise this issue. The GI Team are smart, but not all-knowing, so they probably just missed these ones. (52 game variations in the series is a shock to me to begin with).
    I never change, except in my affections.
  • Posted on 02 November 19 at 22:53Permalink
    Actually, the Series is supposed to be deleted which is why it hasn't been kept up. It was originally created due to lack of support for Publisher series, and the administration asked that we removed it a couple months ago.
    Posted on 04 November 19 at 23:36, Edited on 06 November 19 at 20:50 by Teh_ParalyzerPermalink
    Why would you remove a series? It's a great way to keep track, for those who care. I didn't bring this up to have it get deleted, just to make sure all games were included. Deleting it seems unnecessary to me.
  • Posted on 06 November 19 at 20:50Permalink
    It's because Publishers as a series has been decided that those should do not make up a series as you could apply that to......so so so many video games.

Like if you made a Bandai Namco series that would include almost every single anime game ever of all different genres that don't relate.

Since a good handful of TT games were the same Storytelling gameplay they kinda got wrapped into a telltale series. We had another series of Point and Click games by the same publisher get wrapped up into a series because every game they made was the same exact style.... But after a lot of internal discussion we realized that this is just a list of games a publishes repeatedly dumps out and not really the definition of a "series"

We even had a request for Ratalaika Games being a series..... Those games aren't the same and hardly any have the same developer. The one thing they all have in common is 1-2 hour Plats.... That's not a series.

The Walking Dead as a whole is a series. Sam & Max is a series, basically any game with a main game followed by a sequel is a series.

We were looking into a new way to handle games by the same publisher. So maybe something new could happen with a list of all those telltale games.
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 18:30Permalink
    Teh_Paralyzer said:
    It's because Publishers as a series has been decided that those should do not make up a series as you could apply that to......so so so many video games.

Like if you made a Bandai Namco series that would include almost every single anime game ever of all different genres that don't relate.

Since a good handful of TT games were the same Storytelling gameplay they kinda got wrapped into a telltale series. We had another series of Point and Click games by the same publisher get wrapped up into a series because every game they made was the same exact style.... But after a lot of internal discussion we realized that this is just a list of games a publishes repeatedly dumps out and not really the definition of a "series"

We even had a request for Ratalaika Games being a series..... Those games aren't the same and hardly any have the same developer. The one thing they all have in common is 1-2 hour Plats.... That's not a series.

The Walking Dead as a whole is a series. Sam & Max is a series, basically any game with a main game followed by a sequel is a series.

We were looking into a new way to handle games by the same publisher. So maybe something new could happen with a list of all those telltale games.
    You keep saying publisher... Telltale self-published. They were also the developer. If the series included published titles, it'd also be missing 7 Days to Die, Jackbox Party Pack, and a few others. As a developer the list is almost complete. There's no sense in doing series for publishers, but for developers... that's another matter. Many, not all, but many developers release very similar games, sometimes titles that exist in the same universe. Developer series wouldn't be so bad, imo. Especially with a dev like Telltale was, considering that the vast majority of their games were more or less formulaic clones.
  • Posted on 08 November 19 at 01:14, Edited on 08 November 19 at 01:45 by Teh_ParalyzerPermalink
    We try to keep our sites consistent with each other so we are in the process of correcting that. Developer/Publisher was what was deemed not a series. We are aware Telltale is both.

This was a decision that has been made a little while ago and it hasn't fully transitioned to TT.

This is how the series is visible on TA https://www.trueachievements.com/series/Telltale

It's either going to be edited or completely removed.

We'll be making adjustments soon. Please feel free to make suggestions or request other types of series to the site.

Strong Bad is already in his own Strong Bads Cool Game for Attractive People Series

Other Telltale series should most likely follow to be like this. Example Wolf Among Us hasn't seen a season 2 yet so that game just would be without a Series where as Walking Dead has it's own trail of games.

Matto_lsi said:
    I didn't bring this up to have it get deleted, just to make sure all games were included. Deleting it seems unnecessary to me.
    You didn't. The wheels were already in motion for it,
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.