Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TT Newshounds can start threads here.

Dozens of Employees Reportedly Laid off from Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

• CanezzaCanezza74,208
  • Posted on 10 October 19 at 13:49
    Seems like a bad time in Sonys/Playstations life to be letting people go.
  • Posted on 10 October 19 at 14:28
    I hate it for all those affected by the layoffs. I also find it sad that they followed it up with the announcement of the PS5. Hopefully another company will grab these people up and get them back to work.
    J. Adam Gilman
  • PSfanSPPSfanSP131,098
    Posted on 10 October 19 at 14:44
    it's very sad.
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,161
    Posted on 10 October 19 at 21:35
    Has Sony spent all their money on the new console or something?
  • MayadomeMayadome523,354
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 03:49, Edited on 11 October 19 at 03:49 by Mayadome
    I really don't like the direction Sony is going with Playstation...
    Feel The Ether
  • mysticmoshmysticmosh1,066,936
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 16:17
    People get laid off, it's part of life. I got laid off about 2 months ago and fortunately found another job. It's sad every time this happens but it doesn't mean that there were ulterior motives at play. I hope that as talented as all those that have lost their jobs sound, unemployment won't be for long. They should also check their contract to see if being laid off was written into it; if not, then they can take action.
  • GampxSGampxS371,405
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 17:12
    Wow..
  • ShadeSplitShadeSplit787,933
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 20:09
    Why do people keep saying the PlayStation 5 was just announced? It was announced last April.
  • Posted on 11 October 19 at 20:13
    ShadeSplit said:
    Why do people keep saying the PlayStation 5 was just announced? It was announced last April.
    I guess because this is the official-official announcement, with Sony straight up being "Hey look this is PS5"
  • SolaceCreedSolaceCreed702,161
    Posted on 12 October 19 at 06:49
    Najinceil said:
    ShadeSplit said:
    I guess because this is the official-official announcement, with Sony straight up being "Hey look this is PS5"
    Exactly, it wasn't confirmed by Sony until recently. Up until now it's been mainly speculation and leeks.
  • ShadeSplitShadeSplit787,933
    Posted on 12 October 19 at 19:32
    SolaceCreed said:
    Najinceil said:
    ShadeSplit said:
    Exactly, it wasn't confirmed by Sony until recently. Up until now it's been mainly speculation and leeks.
    That just isn't true. It was confirmed last April, as I'm pretty sure Mark Cerny works for Sony.

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/
  • deutschZuiddeutschZuid668,308
    Posted on 13 October 19 at 19:16, Edited on 13 October 19 at 19:16 by deutschZuid
    Restructuring happens all the time - it's necessary in a changing work environment where some roles are combined, old roles disestablished and new ones created. Dozens in a company of over 100k employees should have probably not even made the news.
  • Posted on 19 October 19 at 23:46
    You are not entitled to a job. Companies do what they have to do. Stop whining start looking.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads