Site Help Forum

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

Issues since my PSN ID change

AuthorMessage
Leyhkeze
Leyhkeze
Posted on 05 August 19 at 14:15, Edited on 07 August 19 at 03:18 by Leyhkeze
Hi, so I asked here to change my PSN ID, but the thing is that some links here retain the old one.

Sweet_Arkhane's Game Collection is the only url where I can access my game collection, but other links that redirect to my game collection use Leyhkeze's Game Collection which doesn't work.

Anything you could do about it?
Shadow_Kisuragi
Posted on 05 August 19 at 17:40
Your submissions are also with your old name. It's been mentioned to the devs, but I'll see if I can get a follow-up for it.
Leyhkeze
Leyhkeze
Posted on 05 August 19 at 18:15, Edited on 05 August 19 at 18:16 by Leyhkeze
Oh right, just noticed that.

Even my home page url : Sweet_Arkhane
WebChimp
Posted on 06 August 19 at 13:01, Edited on 06 August 19 at 14:53 by WebChimp
I'm going to have a look into this for you - could you just confirm what your original tag was for me and what your new tag should be?

How did you go about switching your tag on Sony? How did you go about requesting a gamertag update over here? Can you link the page you used?
Leyhkeze
Leyhkeze
Posted on 07 August 19 at 03:28
The thing is, I've changed of PSN account, not just the ID.

Let me explain, I registered here using my old PSN account : Sweet_Arkhane, which I cannot access anymore for some reason. So I created a new PSN account : Leyhkeze.

I wanted to retain my TT Profile, so I used this page : https://www.truetrophies.com/change-psn-name in order to change the PSN ID linked to the TT Profile. It didn't work.

So I asked here for help : Changed of PSN account

Voilà.
WebChimp
Posted on 07 August 19 at 14:05
Thanks for the extra information, that clears everything up.

With the accounts being totally separate this means they've got different ids behind the scenes on Sony's side - this id is also how we track things. As such, the psn name change and and the scanners wouldn't have been able to detect the change, and wouldn't update your name.

If the account was the same and it was the name that had changed all of the above would have worked.

I've purged your account and set it up properly now, so you should be good.
Leyhkeze
Leyhkeze
Posted on 07 August 19 at 15:10
Thank you!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.