Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Here's some upcoming PlayStation 4 games we can't wait to play

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 July 19 at 12:09
    Medievil (purely because I can't really afford to get death stranding day 1 now sadly) or FF8 remastered depending on its price which hopefully won't be overkill....
  • Posted on 30 July 19 at 14:50
    ZenRhino said:
    biff_beefcake said:
    I'm definitely looking forward to Borderlands 3, but I'm also hoping Tropico 6 still makes it to PS4 before the end of this year!
    Good news...Tropico 6 been announced for 27th September headspin
    I love RTS games :)
    Panache! - Reincarnation!
  • Posted on 31 July 19 at 09:36
    1 - Death Stranding
    2 - The Outer Worlds
    3 - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint
    4 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
    5 - Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order.
    Balls................ Funder....Balls.
  • Posted on 31 July 19 at 12:49
    ZenRhino said:
    biff_beefcake said:
    I'm definitely looking forward to Borderlands 3, but I'm also hoping Tropico 6 still makes it to PS4 before the end of this year!
    Good news...Tropico 6 been announced for 27th September headspin
    Awesome!! smile
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 July 19 at 15:23, Edited on 31 July 19 at 15:29 by
    1. Biomutant (if it releases this year).
    2. Control
    3. Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
    4. Neverwinter Nights
    5. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Also excited for the Baldurs Gate, Planescape Torment, and Icewind Dale releases; but Neverwinter Nights was my game of choice back in the day. I'm excited to go back to it on PS4 all spruced up.

Kinda feel like Death Stranding is getting by entirely on manufactured hype. People pretend they're looking forward to it and are excited for it because it's the game the games media has decided to hype up and they don't want to feel left out. Sure there's some Kojima fanboys out there who are genuinely excited, but not because it's an interesting game, but because they're delusional and are overly attached to a developers work...

...now that's not to say Death Stranding won't be good. It could be great. The thing is we literally know nothing about it. We don't even know what bloody genre it is. You can be intrigued by it sure, I'd be with you on that... but if you're actually excited for this game, the only reason is hype. Learn to think for yourself and stop letting hype tell you what games you enjoy. If you've pre-ordered it, well, quite frankly you're a goddamn moron! You've ordered something without even knowing what it is, how brainwashed are you?!

So yeah, an unpopular opinion I'm sure, but I wish people would think for themselves and exercise restraint. The fact that so many people are excited for a game they know nothing about genuinely annoys me.
  • Posted on 31 July 19 at 18:08
    BurnedChipmunk said:
    ...now that's not to say Death Stranding won't be good. It could be great. The thing is we literally know nothing about it. We don't even know what bloody genre it is. You can be intrigued by it sure, I'd be with you on that... but if you're actually excited for this game, the only reason is hype. Learn to think for yourself and stop letting hype tell you what games you enjoy. If you've pre-ordered it, well, quite frankly you're a goddamn moron! You've ordered something without even knowing what it is, how brainwashed are you?!
    "It could be great"

"I wish people would think for themselves"

I don't see how you can go on a rant about people being brainwashed, and not thinking for themselves, just because they're excited for a game, lol.

I've never been disappointed in the mind behind it, the premise looks interesting, it has promise and potential, so I've pre-ordered it. Does that make me brainwashed? A moron? No it does not. It makes me a fan, lol.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 July 19 at 20:01, Edited on 31 July 19 at 20:07 by
    Najinceil said:
    I don't see how you can go on a rant about people being brainwashed, and not thinking for themselves, just because they're excited for a game, lol.
    Because the excitement for the game is the result of brainwashing. There is literally nothing else to base the excitement off, only manufactured hype and peer pressure. I thought that was clear, but apparently not.

Najinceil said:
    I've never been disappointed in the mind behind it, the premise looks interesting, it has promise and potential, so I've pre-ordered it. Does that make me brainwashed? A moron? No it does not. It makes me a fan, lol.
    It makes you a brainwashed moron.

You can't be a fan of something you've not yet experienced. You can't be a fan of something that doesn't even exist yet! You can appreciate Kojima's work and be looking forward to seeing what he comes up with next. I really like Quentin Tarantino and would be immediately interested in any film with his name attached because of my past experiences. The thing is I used to say the same thing about Christopher Nolan and then he made Interstellar which was absolute horse-shit. I use films as an example, but it's just as true if not moreso for games, where the lead designer has far less control over the final product than a director does over a film.

You claim it has an interesting premise. No. No it doesn't. It has vague marketing hype and literally nothing else. I reiterate, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT GENRE IT IS! The fanboys losing their mind over Elden Ring have more to go on than you, and all they have is a fucking logo! At least they know it'll probably be a soulsborne style game. You have nothing.

I hope you're right and it is a good game, because that means there's another good game out there to play, but if you're exited already, if you're already paid for it knowing literally nothing about it; then yes, you're a brainwashed moron and you should reconsider how you spend your money. You're clearly not responsible enough to be allowed to do so unsupervised.

The fact that you insist on adding "lol" to the end of every sentence makes me genuinely question either your sanity, intellect, or both. Are you genuinely guffawing like a mad-man at your screen or are you just an insufferable prick who can't type a message without saying "lol" because it gives you the non-committal ability to claim any statement you make is "just a joke", even when it's clearly not. Justify your excitement for Death Stranding, and do it without saying "lol", maybe I'll take you seriously if you can explain any flaws in my logic.
  • Posted on 31 July 19 at 20:56, Edited on 31 July 19 at 21:00 by CrumpetOfDojima
    BurnedChipmunk said:
    You can appreciate Kojima's work and be looking forward to seeing what he comes up with next. I really like Quentin Tarantino and would be immediately interested in any film with his name attached because of my past experiences.
    I can appreciate his work and look forward to his upcoming work? I just told you that I am, in which your response is I know nothing about it, not even a genre. I have nothing to base my excitement off of.

To clarify, I am a fan of Kojimas work, hence my pre-ordering of his upcoming work. facepalm

You can know there's an upcoming Tarantino movie, and be interested in it because his name is on it, yet you wouldn't know the genre/premise of it, just his name being on it. Which is the same as my excitement for Kojimas new project, as I'm interested and have enjoyed everything he has put out thus far.

What I'm seeing here if your opinion is the winner here, and everything is a brainwashed moron and no matter what you say, you're right, even if you're contradicting yourself. You're extremely hypocritical.

I ended my sentences with lol because you're actually crazy and no matter how much I re-read your responses, I'm baffled someone like you even exists on the internet. Jesus christ.
  • NomstuffNomstuff79,412
    Posted on 31 July 19 at 21:02, Edited on 31 July 19 at 21:03 by Nomstuff
    BurnedChipmunk said:
    You can't be a fan of something you've not yet experienced. You can't be a fan of something that doesn't even exist yet! You can appreciate Kojima's work and be looking forward to seeing what he comes up with next. I really like Quentin Tarantino and would be immediately interested in any film with his name attached because of my past experiences. The thing is I used to say the same thing about Christopher Nolan and then he made Interstellar which was absolute horse-shit. I use films as an example, but it's just as true if not moreso for games, where the lead designer has far less control over the final product than a director does over a film.

You claim it has an interesting premise. No. No it doesn't. It has vague marketing hype and literally nothing else. I reiterate, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT GENRE IT IS! The fanboys losing their mind over Elden Ring have more to go on than you, and all they have is a fucking logo! At least they know it'll probably be a soulsborne style game. You have nothing.
    Everything Kojima makes is solid gold. His work and that of Miyamoto are pretty much guaranteed to be good, or at least fun, regardless of what the product turns out to be.
    http://raptr.com/badge/Nomsheep/fs_overall.png
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 July 19 at 21:06
    Najinceil said:
    You can know there's an upcoming Tarantino movie, and be interested in it because his name is on it, yet you wouldn't know the genre/premise of it, just his name being on it. Which is the same as my excitement for Kojimas new project, as I'm interested and have enjoyed everything he has put out thus far.
    Which would be fine, if that was as far as it goes. But it's not. You already identify as a "fan" of this game without having experienced anything of it. There's a difference between quiet anticipation and brainwashing induced hype. I'd be interested in a new Tarantino film, but I wouldn't declare it my film of the year and pre-book tickets to see it months in advance without even knowing the genre it is. Those are the actions of a mad man.

Najinceil said:
    What I'm seeing here if your opinion is the winner here, and everything is a brainwashed moron and no matter what you say, you're right, even if you're contradicting yourself. You're extremely hypocritical.
    No, I'm not. But if you claim I am it'll make it easier to dismiss what I'm saying right? Keep fanboying and justifying your fanboyism however you like, it doesn't make it any less senseless.

Najinceil said:
    I ended my sentences with lol because you're actually crazy and no matter how much I re-read your responses, I'm baffled someone like you even exists on the internet. Jesus christ.
    You're baffled that someone who doesn't immediately love a game they've never played exists? You're baffled that someone with standards behind taste and personal endorsement exists? You're baffled that someone with the most basic sense of perspective exists. I suppose for someone so embroiled in mindless hype, sensible things like this would baffle you.
  • NomstuffNomstuff79,412
    Posted on 31 July 19 at 21:10
    I'd pre-book tickets to see a new tarantino film in advance, because I have confidence that regardless of what product he puts out, I'd enjoy it. Same here.

If that confidence is broken, easy just don't pre-order from the same company/director again.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 July 19 at 21:11
    Nomstuff said:
    Everything Kojima makes is solid gold. His work and that of Miyamoto are pretty much guaranteed to be good, or at least fun, regardless of what the product turns out to be.
    I'm not convinced. First of all no, it's not all solid gold. The Metal Gear Solid games where well know for having overly convoluted plots, excessive cutscenes, cringe-worthy characters, and rather juvenile portrayals of women; so while I'd like to think Kojima will do something worthwhile I'm not going to presume that they will.

The same goes for Miyamoto. While I think his work is an order of magnitude more consistent, the likes of Mario and Zelda are regularly given 10/10 just for existing, based on nothing more than name recognition. Even when they're filled with mindless filler like Super Mario Odyssey or borderline broken and boring like Skyward Sword. Sure he has a great track record, but not everything he makes is an instant classic.

Treating these men like they're creative gods who can do no wrong is only cheapening the art form. Play games with a critical mind, actually think about what you're consuming, and it'll mean a lot more to you.
  • NomstuffNomstuff79,412
    Posted on 31 July 19 at 21:15
    You don't have to be convinced. I'm not trying to persuade you to put money up for a product you don' t know if you'll enjoy, or have doubts about.

I don't think they're creative gods, I think I'll enjoy the product, as I've enjoyed previous products by them nothing more, nothing less.
  • Posted on 31 July 19 at 21:18, Edited on 31 July 19 at 21:20 by CrumpetOfDojima
    BurnedChipmunk said:
    You already identify as a "fan" of this game without having experienced anything of it.
    I specifically said I am a fan of Kojimas work, and Kojima. I did not say I am a fan of this game. This is where you come in here, reading what you want to see, and creating a mountain out of absolutely nothing. You're hell-bent on telling us that we're brainwashed morons, who are too hyped to be thinking sensibly, yet here you are, ignoring what we're simply putting on the table and throwing it back as if there's some larger picture here that needs to be fought.

You're actually crazy. Get off your high horse, and whatever drugs you're on.
  • Posted on 31 July 19 at 22:08
    You are entitled to an opinion BurnedChipmunk. Your big problem seems to be you think, if someone doesn't have the same opinion they are wrong. You are either a very young person, or a stubborn older person that hasn't been told no much.

Have an opinion, post it and leave it. Don't chase others down for not agreeing. You will never come out looking like the intelligent one
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite trophy site on the internet!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 August 19 at 07:00
    BeardedScot86 said:
    You are entitled to an opinion BurnedChipmunk. Your big problem seems to be you think, if someone doesn't have the same opinion they are wrong. You are either a very young person, or a stubborn older person that hasn't been told no much.

Have an opinion, post it and leave it. Don't chase others down for not agreeing. You will never come out looking like the intelligent one
    Well that's the most stupid non-statement I've ever read.

Yes, if someone doesn't agree with me, I think they're wrong. That's how words work. The very nature of "right", "wrong", and "agree" as concepts mean if I think something is true and you disagree with that, you must by definition be wrong.

You claim I must be young because I'm not a wishy-washy pathetic person who spouts bullshit like "everyone's entitled to their opinion", as if it means something; and why, because you think you can disparage my argument by discrediting my age rather than the things I say? It's pathetic and shows how little you're prepared to think about the things you're saying.

Here, I'll simplify the statement so that everyone can understand. Here's what happened.

Loads of people are seemingly excited for Death Stranding despite knowing almost nothing about it other than "It's by Kojima". I mention that I consider it a bad sign that so many people are taken in by the brainwashing and the hype in order to be excited about something they're not really excited about. People like you took it personally and lashed out because you attach your ego so completely to the games you claim to like and dislike that you took this statement as a personal attack; which lead to the conceited sneering nonsense you're posting in response now.

"Don't chase others around", I'm on a fucking discussion forum talking in a single thread about a topic I didn't even bring up. Don't even dare try to twist this into claims of harassment so you can call for me to be blocked at a later point, such a tactic is truly pathetic. It doesn't make you win the argument, it just proves you have no integrity. To be clear; I've not sent a single PM, I'm just chatting in an open forum, which is it's entire bloody purpose. Don't like my opinions, don't read them!
  • ZenRhinoZenRhino75,290
    Posted on 02 August 19 at 07:57
    I'm by no means a massive Kojima fan...I didn't even finish MGSV. I think he can be hit or miss at times...but mostly hit.

My interest in the game has gone from 'mild' to 'pretty damn excited'

Why? - because the game looks different. I don't really know what the game is, and that's very appealing to me.

Disappointed to learn from BurnedChipmunk that I have been brainwashed and furthermore I must be a moron.
  • Posted on 10 August 19 at 05:19
    Star Wars and the Outer Worlds for me.. Cant believe its coming to Gamepass Day 1
  • PSfanSPPSfanSP131,102
    Posted on 27 September 19 at 14:33
    Outerworlds for sure.
  • Posted on 04 October 19 at 00:58
    Shenmue 3
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads