GTTSC 2019 – Discussion

• Thib_007_Thib_007_713,409
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 10:20
    Lol gg x) It's not worst than spamming wh*re/shitty trophies ;)
  • Nelson-HellierNelson-Hellier1,103,779
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 11:58
    I'm not a hero. Don't call me a hero.

Beer, hoagies, sweat pants, not a whore.
    Yeah, not a hero, platties, not a whore.
  • Thib_007_Thib_007_713,409
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 13:30
    No you are not a hero and your method it's unfair ^^ But it's a very good troll and show the limits of these rules.
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 13:42
    I'm not a hero.

I'm a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

Okay - enough of that. It is basically cheating - but i believe any adjustment to the rules on 'saving up' points needs to be all in. Either it is okay to hold back points, or it isn't... not even if it's just a couple of day's worth towards the end of the period.

But yeah, it does demonstrate a certain failing of the competition in my opinion. That someone can cheat and store up a months worth of points on games like AC: Brotherhood and Revelations, Eat Lead, Dead to Rights and Rocksmith... and still not win, isn't right.

My suggestion is that only one version of each game should count. If someone breaches Sony's terms of service and sets up a console to purchase regional variations outside of their home country, they should be disqualified.
  • D72shadowD72shadow694,000
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 14:18
    It's not cheating if its allowed... cheesing, sure... cheating, no.
  • LiquidCodeLiquidCode1,110,117
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 16:46
    Nelson-Hellier said:
    My suggestion is that only one version of each game should count. If someone breaches Sony's terms of service and sets up a console to purchase regional variations outside of their home country, they should be disqualified.
    This would suit me down to the ground. I have never played a game from a different region than EU ever (i cant be bothered to set up multiple accounts tbh), but im sure some people on here who rely on them multiple region stacks to get decent trophy scores would be a little bit more than unhappy with the idea.
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 17:02
    LiquidCode said:
    This would suit me down to the ground. I have never played a game from a different region than EU ever (i cant be bothered to set up multiple accounts tbh), but im sure some people on here who rely on them multiple region stacks to get decent trophy scores would be a little bit more than unhappy with the idea.
    They might be unhappy at first, but it wouldn't be long before they see the act as the kindness it is. We'd be liberating them from slavery, essentially. Slavery to a system that preys upon the mentally vulnerable just as surely as the latest F2P mobile cashcow.

They'd be free to experience games of actual quality. To explore new worlds and tackle new and exciting challenges.

I'll take all of this back if anyone can send me proof that they have completed all of the levels on Gravity Duck four times, as opposed to just the ones necessary to unlock the platinum... but no one can, because it's just not a fun game.

These people need our help.
  • Posted on 11 October 19 at 18:19
    Najinceil said:
    Nelson-Hellier said:
    Hopefully with ratio somehow incorporated into the scoring.

Maybe TT score + the difference.

Just some polite feedback.
    Maybe next year! This isn't insider knowledge as I'm unsure as of yet, but TA does ratio/difference, and this is a first for TT to test the waters. So maybe next year it'll flip around and we'll have a contest based on ratio/differences.

Something I can actually do good in for once cry
    that is called leap frog on ta gtasc is all on score
  • Posted on 11 October 19 at 19:57
    Andyboyishere said:
    Najinceil said:
    Nelson-Hellier said:
    Hopefully with ratio somehow incorporated into the scoring.

Maybe TT score + the difference.

Just some polite feedback.
    Maybe next year! This isn't insider knowledge as I'm unsure as of yet, but TA does ratio/difference, and this is a first for TT to test the waters. So maybe next year it'll flip around and we'll have a contest based on ratio/differences.

Something I can actually do good in for once cry
    that is called leap frog on ta gtasc is all on score
    link hidden

This year is the TA Difference between TA and GS
  • Posted on 11 October 19 at 20:04
    ah did not know make 2 comps then 4 months each 1 ta difference the other like this one problem solved
  • Posted on 11 October 19 at 20:37
    So, regarding this bonus, are games part of a collection worth one "point" or all of the games give one each? For exanple, I got a trophy in all 3 of the Uncharted collection games on the PS4 plus God of War 3 and the new God of War. Am I good to go?
  • AtsumaKarinAtsumaKarin1,295,579
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 21:05
    scemopagliaccioh said:
    So, regarding this bonus, are games part of a collection worth one "point" or all of the games give one each? For exanple, I got a trophy in all 3 of the Uncharted collection games on the PS4 plus God of War 3 and the new God of War. Am I good to go?
    If they have their own separate lists, then yes, they will count. toast
    Game Info/Genre Team Member. :D Enjoys the thrill of the GRP (Gold Rush Plat) and seeing Double (or more) Milestones in his Friend Feed!
  • Netguy503Netguy5031,811,881
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 21:49
    ps now really helps with this week's challenge. its now a lower price and there are 7 day free trials if your interested.

I also dont get this negativity about playing the same game with multiple regions. if people have the money to spend i dont see the problem. you still have to play through the game again and make the time to do so as well. you dont get insta trophies just by buying another region trophy list. its a trophy challenge and a strategy some may use. Part of winning a game is adapting to whats thrown at you by different elements and not handicapping others in the next go around for using their own strategy.

ex; I DO take issue with cross save that unlocks all trophies on a platform( even though that topic isnt being discussed right now it is probably being used and allowed in this competition and i find that unfair and cheap)
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 22:33
    Just because someone has the financial means to engage in an activity does not make it healthy to the self or the community. That's not an argument.

This is supposedly a competition on a website that revalues trophies based on rarity (and in theory difficulty), and Gravity Duck appears four times in the top list of games used. Accompanied by two versions of Jack n Jill and an ungodly amount of Powgi.

The sheer effectiveness of twenty-minute platinums undermines the concept of the true gamer network, and certainly ruins this as a contest; it's like watching the Champions League quarter finals, and seeing Sunday League-quality football.

But I've said enough. Genuinely I'm not having a go at anyone who is using this tactic, it's perfectly viable and will probably win the competition, I just don't see where the fun comes from and would like to see changes implemented in future versions of the contest to make it more interesting.
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 22:49
    i just wish i knew to check this forum more often during the competition just reading it now (first time poster) and you guys are incredibly supportive to each other giving suggestions on the challenges (Slapping myself in the face I had Black Friday and didnt use it for the story based challenge as someone suggested here) and to the great moderators that put on this challenge for all of us (one i had the pleasure to talk to today).

I have a question. I was part of a team but fell off as i had a vacation during the competition so obviously didnt earn much. Is there a way to go back to see who my partner was and when we fell off? Would love to review the stats at one point. Thanks.
  • Posted on 11 October 19 at 22:56, Edited on 11 October 19 at 22:58 by CrumpetOfDojima
    Netguy503 said:
    I have a question. I was part of a team but fell off as i had a vacation during the competition so obviously didnt earn much. Is there a way to go back to see who my partner was and when we fell off? Would love to review the stats at one point. Thanks.
    GTTSC Team

In the top left you have "Period 9", click that and change periods to try and find your team. No clue what yours was called, so.

EDIT: Found ya, period 2.

Team Netguy503
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 22:59
    it was team netguy503 of course (wish more people wanted to join a team with me when i asked. no one did, so i got a random)
    Posted on 11 October 19 at 23:01, Edited on 11 October 19 at 23:01 by Netguy503
    yea their score was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lower than mine. thanks for finding it.
  • Posted on 12 October 19 at 13:56
    Nelson-Hellier said:
    Just because someone has the financial means to engage in an activity does not make it healthy to the self or the community. That's not an argument.

This is supposedly a competition on a website that revalues trophies based on rarity (and in theory difficulty), and Gravity Duck appears four times in the top list of games used. Accompanied by two versions of Jack n Jill and an ungodly amount of Powgi.

The sheer effectiveness of twenty-minute platinums undermines the concept of the true gamer network, and certainly ruins this as a contest; it's like watching the Champions League quarter finals, and seeing Sunday League-quality football.

But I've said enough. Genuinely I'm not having a go at anyone who is using this tactic, it's perfectly viable and will probably win the competition, I just don't see where the fun comes from and would like to see changes implemented in future versions of the contest to make it more interesting.
    Nelson I see you have stacked one night stand eu and na and drowning eu and na debunking your point. And you have also played gravity duck and most if not all powgi game debunking that point. So why start drama this is a fun comp no need for the hypocrisy.
    Posted on 12 October 19 at 15:06
    Andyboyishere said:
    Nelson I see you have stacked one night stand eu and na and drowning eu and na debunking your point. And you have also played gravity duck and most if not all powgi game debunking that point. So why start drama this is a fun comp no need for the hypocrisy.
    Of those games, only the One Night Stands and Gravity Duck were played during the competition.

I've already admitted to being ashamed of Gravity Duck (and Jack n Jill), but i bought them to stay in the competition. I shouldn't have, and have stained my soul forever.

One Night Stand, however, is actually a fairly amusing game. I bought it on its day of release and therefore didn't have a guide to follow for the immediate platinum. I had to really get in the mindset of someone who has one night stands, and even contemplated having one, to achieve the platinum.

Despite being published by Ratalaika, Sagebrush is actually pretty interesting too, and worth a look.

I've done what i need to in order to remain in the competition and make no bones about it, but with some minor changes the competition could be made more fun and rewarding to all of us.

Lastly... I have completed two Powgi games. There are at least three times as many, debunking the idea that you have just presented a cogent argument.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads