Community Events Forum

GTTSC 2019 – Discussion

AuthorMessage
BeardedScot86
BeardedScot86
Posted on 07 October 19 at 18:02, Edited on 07 October 19 at 18:12 by BeardedScot86
D72shadow said:
So looking at the weekly challenge... I realize there are a lot of exclusives not labeled as such. How do you send a request for the ps exclusive label? Will it be added in time? For example, MLB the show 19 is on ps plus this month and exclusive but not listed as such, only one of the mahjong games in the collection is listed while the other 3 aren't. (Although I dont even know if they are exclusive).
I have fixed MLB The Show 19. Normally the best approach is to Submit Game Information in the Game Action drop down of the game. As this is time sensitive, make one post here with all you know needs fixed. Try not to flood the forum with post after post though

ArcticCress said:
I would actually like an answer for that, but I'd also like to know how to remove a PlayStation Exclusive label as well. Final Fantasy VII has been released on PC, Switch, and Xbox One now and needs it removed.

Regarding the mahjong games above, none of them should be labeled are exclusive. They're all available for PC here: https://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/genres/3/mahjong...
I will remove the flag from FF7 at the end of this week. Looking at the Mahjong stuff, thanks for the link.

As the challenge has started, we can't remove any of the Exclusive flags. We will have to wait until the week is over to correct that, as someone may have spent money on the game we remove
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite trophy site on the internet!
StingX2
StingX2
Posted on 08 October 19 at 03:03
Grand Kingdom (PS4/Vita) is not on there
Najinceil
Najinceil
Posted on 08 October 19 at 03:11
StingX2 said:
Grand Kingdom (PS4/Vita) is not on there
Added toast
ArcticCress
ArcticCress
Posted on 08 October 19 at 03:28
The following should be added as PlayStation exclusives:

Dungeon Travelers 2 (Vita)
Exist Archive (PS4/Vita)
Rainbow Moon (PS4/PS3/Vita)
Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Vita, PS3 version is already flagged)
Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! (PS4)
Taiko no Tatsujin: V Version (Vita)
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (PS3)
Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll (PS3)
Zvetiki
Zvetiki
Posted on 08 October 19 at 03:40
BeardedScot86 said:
make one post here with all you know needs fixed.
The Atelier games are incorrectly marked as exclusive. The Arland Trilogy (Rorona, Totori, Meruru) is available at least on Steam, the Dusk Trilogy (Ayescha, Escha&Logy, Shallie) at least on Switch.
ArcticCress
ArcticCress
Posted on 08 October 19 at 05:31, Edited on 08 October 19 at 05:34 by ArcticCress
The Dusk trilogy remains a PlayStation exclusive for a few months. The Switch/PC/PS4 versions are not out until January 2020.

edit: December, my bad. They release in Japan on December 25th.
Najinceil
Najinceil
Posted on 08 October 19 at 11:24
ArcticCress said:
The following should be added as PlayStation exclusives:

Dungeon Travelers 2 (Vita)
Exist Archive (PS4/Vita)
Rainbow Moon (PS4/PS3/Vita)
Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Vita, PS3 version is already flagged)
Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! (PS4)
Taiko no Tatsujin: V Version (Vita)
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (PS3)
Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll (PS3)
These have all been sorted.
Nelson-Hellier
Posted on 08 October 19 at 11:44
Would the remastered version of Risen 3 count? The original was available on all systems, but the enhanced version was exclusive to PS4.

I'm just asking because I happen to have it installed on my playstation.
HakuMH4U
HakuMH4U
Posted on 08 October 19 at 12:20
To be sure: DLCs of Exclusive games will count as well, correct? Specifically survival mode trophies from Uncharted 4.
BeardedScot86
BeardedScot86
Posted on 08 October 19 at 12:40
Nelson-Hellier said:
Would the remastered version of Risen 3 count? The original was available on all systems, but the enhanced version was exclusive to PS4.

I'm just asking because I happen to have it installed on my playstation.
Risen 3 enhanced edition was given to PC players as a free upgrade. So although steam doesn't have it under the name enhanced edition, you can get the same version there.

HakuMH4U said:
To be sure: DLCs of Exclusive games will count as well, correct? Specifically survival mode trophies from Uncharted 4.
I can't see why it would not count. Would need Atsuma to give the proper confirmation though
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite trophy site on the internet!
AtsumaKarin
AtsumaKarin
Posted on 08 October 19 at 20:07
BeardedScot86 said:
HakuMH4U said:
I can't see why it would not count. Would need Atsuma to give the proper confirmation though
As stated in my PMs to everyone, DLC will count towards this. smile
Game Info/Genre Team Member. :D Enjoys the thrill of the GRP (Gold Rush Plat) and seeing Double (or more) Milestones in his Friend Feed!
HakuMH4U
HakuMH4U
Posted on 08 October 19 at 20:47, Edited on 08 October 19 at 20:48 by HakuMH4U
AtsumaKarin said:
BeardedScot86 said:
HakuMH4U said:
As stated in my PMs to everyone, DLC will count towards this. smile
Ahh. Reading. It’s FUN-damental! laugh
Nelson-Hellier
Posted on 10 October 19 at 08:59
Maybe I shouldn't highlight this... but I purposely kept my PS3 disconnected from the internet after moving into a bigger flat about a month ago, accruing trophy points that I stored and only unleashed at the beginning of this week.

That was about 7k trophy score across some 200 individual trophies with a combined ratio that is, being charitable, extraordinarily good for this competition. On games that people would actually play for fun.

It's pretty bad when someone can effectively cheat and still not compete with the tried and true method of purchasing Ratalaika games on every platform and region. To stay in the competition last week I had to buy Jack and Jill and Gravity Duck, and am thoroughly ashamed.

It's a learning experience though, and I hope the competition can evolve if it returns again in the future. Hopefully with ratio somehow incorporated into the scoring.

Maybe TT score + the difference.

Just some polite feedback.
Najinceil
Najinceil
Posted on 10 October 19 at 11:09
Nelson-Hellier said:
Hopefully with ratio somehow incorporated into the scoring.

Maybe next year! This isn't insider knowledge as I'm unsure as of yet, but TA does ratio/difference, and this is a first for TT to test the waters. So maybe next year it'll flip around and we'll have a contest based on ratio/differences.

Something I can actually do good in for once cry
LiquidCode
LiquidCode
Posted on 10 October 19 at 12:47
Great, now we are going to have people purposely playing PS3 games offline for a year ready for the next competition to unleash 200k points in the final :P

I dont get how you say this is pretty bad and cheating after just syncing a months score in one go for the competition though. If you really thought it was that bad you wouldnt have done it yourself, and of course you have no argument if someone else follows your example and does the same thing next time. ;)
Nelson-Hellier
Posted on 10 October 19 at 13:11, Edited on 10 October 19 at 13:13 by Nelson-Hellier
It's a loophole that should definitely be plugged for next year.

You could say that I took advantage of a quirk in the way scores are calculated - I mean, it's not explicitly outlawed in the rules of the competition is it.

Not to get anyone else in trouble, but we've all noticed other high-scorers who drop off towards the end of the period and then shoot up with a hundred trophies instantly within hours of the next one commencing.

I just took it to the next level, to keep me and my tag team partner in the competition in a week where neither of us had enough time to do so legitimately.

I'm only pointing it out because it highlights how ludicrously ovepowered the quick and easy platinum is in this competition.

I'm just trying to help make next year's better. Is anyone seriously not embarrassed by the current top games list?
D72shadow
D72shadow
Posted on 10 October 19 at 13:46
Nelson-Hellier said:
Maybe I shouldn't highlight this... but I purposely kept my PS3 disconnected from the internet after moving into a bigger flat about a month ago, accruing trophy points that I stored and only unleashed at the beginning of this week.

That was about 7k trophy score across some 200 individual trophies with a combined ratio that is, being charitable, extraordinarily good for this competition. On games that people would actually play for fun.

It's pretty bad when someone can effectively cheat and still not compete with the tried and true method of purchasing Ratalaika games on every platform and region. To stay in the competition last week I had to buy Jack and Jill and Gravity Duck, and am thoroughly ashamed.

It's a learning experience though, and I hope the competition can evolve if it returns again in the future. Hopefully with ratio somehow incorporated into the scoring.

I've been doing the same with my vita... got to keep up with this fast games somehow in these last weeks. I think the format really needs to change next year. Forget tt difference all together. Make a challenge each week. Like number of trophies over 3 ratio for the week. Or number of rpg trophies. It really could eliminate the score cheesing a little. I'm all for it if its allowed... but more focus on challenges instead of tt score would be great. Maybe somehow have tough weekly challenges that give big bonuses for that week that outweigh the cheese?
LiquidCode
LiquidCode
Posted on 10 October 19 at 13:52
I agree with what you are saying but i also think there is a big difference between someone keeping the last couple of days score from the week before to use in the next week of the competition than someone storing months of score on a different system to get to the top of the leaderboard in the finals.
D72shadow
D72shadow
Posted on 10 October 19 at 14:08
LiquidCode said:
I agree with what you are saying but i also think there is a big difference between someone keeping the last couple of days score from the week before to use in the next week of the competition than someone storing months of score on a different system to get to the top of the leaderboard in the finals.
It's taking a chance though too by limiting score in previous weeks. I might have to use mine next week before the finals especially having a busy week and not having the time to get as much done then. I started it because life can get busy sometimes and it's such a long competition. I'm guessing I still wont be close to the top even with doing it. It's just the cost of having other responsibilities. Just seeing how far I can make it. I think it's actually more acceptable to do that than just having the money to buy less than an hour plats... although that's allowed and I have done that as well. We got to keep up with your high scoring somehow... smile
minpinz23186
minpinz23186
Posted on 10 October 19 at 14:08
I seem to remember a couple years ago when the idea of GTTSC was being floated that one of the biggest potential issues was basically timestamps - on the XBox if it's earned online, there's (usually) no timestamp and it's automatically not counted, but on PS, it would be counted. I don't have a problem with someone using trophies earned that way, as long as it's done within the time frame of the competition, but there's absolutely no way to track that.

Now that we know the competition exists, spending a few months earning a crap ton of points, and waiting to release them during the semifinals or finals would just be good strategy. The thing is, switching to TT difference would probably make that an even more effective strategy, since you can't counter by playing Ratalaikas during the competition.

I like the idea of a competition of randomly announced weekly challenges quite a bit, but that's a different event all together - which should totally happen.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.