GTTSC 2019 – Discussion

• xStOnEhEaDxxStOnEhEaDx1,204,412
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 13:06
    It's been 5 minutes and someone already have 1800 points.. How?
  • Nelson-HellierNelson-Hellier1,110,213
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 13:09
    Dedication, skill, not syncing unlocked trophies, mental and physical fortitude.
  • D72shadowD72shadow698,280
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 13:13
    What is the "individual cut off graph" measuring on the main gttsc page? Seems to be different every week and not make sense.
  • Romano62_Romano62_282,550
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 13:15
    link hidden

Look at the Scanner's Stats... No update for more than an hour and all at once, 5 updates in 23 seconds... The scan has bugged, it's clear, I must not be eliminated ... cry ...
  • D72shadowD72shadow698,280
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 13:16
    D72shadow said:
    What is the "individual cut off graph" measuring on the main gttsc page? Seems to be different every week and not make sense.
    Oh. Nevermind. The week 1 cutoff was 0 points. That is what made the whole thing look funny all this time.
  • ZvetikiZvetiki463,066
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 13:37
    Did anyone get the individual bonus for the second period? I am missing mine, and I wonder whether there is a problem or whether it just takes a while for the bonus to be distributed.
  • Posted on 26 August 19 at 13:49
    Zvetiki said:
    Did anyone get the individual bonus for the second period? I am missing mine, and I wonder whether there is a problem or whether it just takes a while for the bonus to be distributed.
    It is being applied in period 3. Someone has to manually go through all remaining users and apply the bonus. It will be applied to you if you qualify when they get to looking over your period 2 trophies.

PSXtreme_ said:
    Can't get my profile to update....have about 300 points that should be being applied...damn scanner 1 is not working again.
    Romano62_ said:
    Since 2:20 pm, I can not do an update. I have the following message : "Your update is currently queued"

I got four trophies that can save me. Arrrrggh.
    I have flagged this internally. It is a holiday for the devs, so not sure when I will hear back. I believe the stance is, if you are not scanned in, then the points don't count, even if it was the scanner. Not the answer you want to hear, I would be crushed if it happened to me too. If something can be done, then it will, but expect the worst unfortunately
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite trophy site on the internet!
  • Posted on 26 August 19 at 13:50
    Zvetiki said:
    Haven' t got the bonus for period 2, but I got a PM for the specifics of period 3's bonus.
  • AtsumaKarinAtsumaKarin1,298,488
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 14:12
    scemopagliaccioh said:
    Zvetiki said:
    Haven' t got the bonus for period 2, but I got a PM for the specifics of period 3's bonus.
    We are working on awarding bonuses to everyone who is eligible as of this very moment. It takes a little bit of time to verify as it has to be done manually.
    Game Info/Genre Team Member. :D Enjoys the thrill of the GRP (Gold Rush Plat) and seeing Double (or more) Milestones in his Friend Feed!
  • Posted on 26 August 19 at 14:48
    Keep up the good work, AK! clap
  • Posted on 26 August 19 at 15:20
    Closing in on checking them all smile Then comes double checking and then we apply them smile
  • LathandratgLathandratg1,605,351
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 17:40
    Will the spelling challenge be tracked again so that you can see how far you got? I can't find any tracking so far, but I only did "T" so far. But I have plans for half of the sentence so far.
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 18:27
    Lathandratg said:
    Will the spelling challenge be tracked again so that you can see how far you got? I can't find any tracking so far, but I only did "T" so far. But I have plans for half of the sentence so far.
    Sadly no. It would be a good idea for future contests for sure but it's not feasible for this one as people have already started going for it so wouldn't be retro-active.
    Game Info/Genre Team Member. :D Enjoys the thrill of the GRP (Gold Rush Plat) and seeing Double (or more) Milestones in his Friend Feed!
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 18:30
    Period 2 Individual Bonuses should now be awarded to everyone who qualifies. Many thanks to BeardedScot86 for his help. toast

If we missed anyone, be sure to let me know via PM or here.
  • LathandratgLathandratg1,605,351
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 18:40
    AtsumaKarin said:
    Lathandratg said:
    Sadly no. It would be a good idea for future contests for sure but it's not feasible for this one as people have already started going for it so wouldn't be retro-active.
    Oh, that's a shame... so we have to keep track on it manually? No problem now that I know.

Thank you for this nice contest, it is fun. I hope the next periods will get a little harder than the first two (three).
  • Posted on 26 August 19 at 18:51
    Lathandratg said:
    Thank you for this nice contest, it is fun. I hope the next periods will get a little harder than the first two (three).
    Exactly what I was waiting for. I got my score early both periods and then have sat waiting since I don't want to waste many points. Should start to get busier now since this is the last period before you get the medal, so a lot of people will want to stay
  • KodingKoding217,480
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 19:28
    Lathandratg said:
    Agreed. I just finished the spelling challenge. I do have a lot of just started games though with this being right after the Bean Dive so it was probably a lot easier than it should have been for me.
    62 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 3,500 achievements/trophies earned in LEGO games!
  • ZvetikiZvetiki463,066
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 20:06
    BeardedScot86 said:
    I got my score early both periods and then have sat waiting since I don't want to waste many points.
    Ha, I know what you mean. I am supposed to complete some games for an event at another site, but I hesitate to go forward for fear of wasting points. (This sentiment will probably not persist for too long.)

BeardedScot86 said:
    Should start to get busier now since this is the last period before you get the medal, so a lot of people will want to stay
    If my wget|grep skills are not betraying me, 20 players with a perfect challenge record entered the contest, and all are still in.
  • PSXtreme_PSXtreme_228,399
    Posted on 26 August 19 at 21:13
    BeardedScot86 said:
    Zvetiki said:
    It is being applied in period 3. Someone has to manually go through all remaining users and apply the bonus. It will be applied to you if you qualify when they get to looking over your period 2 trophies.

PSXtreme_ said:
    Can't get my profile to update....have about 300 points that should be being applied...damn scanner 1 is not working again.
    Romano62_ said:
    Since 2:20 pm, I can not do an update. I have the following message : "Your update is currently queued"

I got four trophies that can save me. Arrrrggh.
    I have flagged this internally. It is a holiday for the devs, so not sure when I will hear back. I believe the stance is, if you are not scanned in, then the points don't count, even if it was the scanner. Not the answer you want to hear, I would be crushed if it happened to me too. If something can be done, then it will, but expect the worst unfortunately
    I could understand if the failure was on my part. However I'm being punished for the failure of the site's scanners working as they should have.

I'm not going to hold my breath or take my ball and go home all mad. Just voicing a legit beef, IMO. Obviously I wasn't the only one affected by this.
  • xLilSheWolfxxLilSheWolfx493,105
    Posted on 27 August 19 at 07:37
    Question about the team bonus.

Does it matter when in the active period you try to spell out the sentence?.

As I have just dropped a quick Platinum game down and there were many trophies between the letters required.
    Gaming 4 Life
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads