Community Events

GTTSC 2019 – Discussion

  • iXanoniXanon107,828
    Posted on 12 August 19 at 17:22Permalink
    AtsumaKarin said:
    iXanon said:
    Hmm, interesting.. So any bonuses previously unused are lost?
    Nope, you can use them at any time during the contest besides the last 8 hours of each period.
    I see it again now, thanks.

    Wonder if it was still hidden at the time of posting as P2 had only just started?
  • B-More84B-More84173,628
    Posted on 12 August 19 at 22:20Permalink
    So how does someone have -33 trophies?
  • dmland12dmland12447,998
    Posted on 12 August 19 at 23:09Permalink
    B-More84 said:
    So how does someone have -33 trophies?
    By hiding them, I presume.

    I wonder what happens if someone unhides a bunch of trophies. Can you just hide everything before the contest starts and then unhide them as needed? Hopefully, something like that wouldn't work.
  • Posted on 13 August 19 at 00:39Permalink
    Hiding and unhiding trophies actually is not tracked by our scanners. The only thing that would be impacted would be syncing trophies late.
  • dmland12dmland12447,998
    Posted on 13 August 19 at 02:08Permalink
    That's good to know. But, then I don't see how anyone could end up with negative trophies gained this week. I must be missing something.
  • Posted on 13 August 19 at 07:30Permalink
    dmland12 said:
    That's good to know. But, then I don't see how anyone could end up with negative trophies gained this week. I must be missing something.
    I assume some sort of oddity happened on their account. No idea though
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite trophy site on the internet!
  • Posted on 16 August 19 at 13:27Permalink
    I recall seeing something about a winnable bonus for Platinum-ing a game with a 1.5 or better ratio... but can't seem to find it now.

    Is that a thing? Or did i dream it. And if so, any guesses as to what other bonus challenges there might be?
  • Posted on 16 August 19 at 13:36Permalink
    Nelson-Hellier said:
    I recall seeing something about a winnable bonus for Platinum-ing a game with a 1.5 or better ratio... but can't seem to find it now.

    Is that a thing? Or did i dream it. And if so, any guesses as to what other bonus challenges there might be?
    You didn't dream it - it was mentioned in a PM sent to everyone in the individual competition. Bonuses on the TA side tend to be along of lines of get X achievements or X gamerscore, or spell a particular word with the first letter of achievements, or double your TA from the previous week. I'm guessing these will be along the same lines, but I'd love to see something weird and different!
  • Posted on 16 August 19 at 14:05Permalink
    minpinz23186 said:
    [You didn't dream it - it was mentioned in a PM sent to everyone in the individual competition. Bonuses on the TA side tend to be along of lines of get X achievements or X gamerscore, or spell a particular word with the first letter of achievements, or double your TA from the previous week. I'm guessing these will be along the same lines, but I'd love to see something weird and different!
    Ahhh - good to know. Thanks.

    I always enjoy the spelling challenges, but it'll be interesting to see what they come up with.
  • Posted on 17 August 19 at 02:34Permalink
    Speaking of the bonus, I got the plat for Bayonetta, is the bonus still active? Asking because it wasn't added after I got the plat and synch'd.
  • Posted on 17 August 19 at 02:52Permalink
    scemopagliaccioh said:
    Speaking of the bonus, I got the plat for Bayonetta, is the bonus still active? Asking because it wasn't added after I got the plat and synch'd.
    By the wording of the bonus (and the warning that it could decay below 1.5 ratio), I assume that you get the bonus at the end of period 2/start of period of 3 if you qualify at that time.
  • xLilSheWolfxxLilSheWolfx357,589
    Posted on 17 August 19 at 08:53Permalink
    scemopagliaccioh said:
    Speaking of the bonus, I got the plat for Bayonetta, is the bonus still active? Asking because it wasn't added after I got the plat and synch'd.
    You get the bonuses when the next period starts. It may take a day or two as they have to award the bonuses manually to each person that qualifies.
    Gaming 4 Life
  • Posted on 17 August 19 at 18:22Permalink
    Najinceil said:
    Scanners are going through a bit of trouble for the time being, and the Devs are off for the weekend. They'll get to it ASAP.
    I was wondering why my requested scan wouldn't go through, and got this message back - is the policy for scanner malfunctions the same for this one as in GTASC?
  • Posted on 18 August 19 at 11:00Permalink
    when i make an update request i keep getting 11 players in front of me, and acording to my scan history the last request i made was on the 16th lol i tried all day yesterday which was the 17th
  • NajinceilNajinceil528,793
    Posted on 18 August 19 at 11:48Permalink
    SinnTrophyHunter said:
    when i make an update request i keep getting 11 players in front of me, and acording to my scan history the last request i made was on the 16th lol i tried all day yesterday which was the 17th
    The scanners are currently messing up. They should hopefully be all fixed when the Devs are back in the office tomorrow.

    minpinz23186 said:
    Najinceil said:
    Scanners are going through a bit of trouble for the time being, and the Devs are off for the weekend. They'll get to it ASAP.
    I was wondering why my requested scan wouldn't go through, and got this message back - is the policy for scanner malfunctions the same for this one as in GTASC?
    Everyone should have just got a PM explaining that the contest is extended! toast
  • GrinhornGrinhorn222,243
    Posted on 18 August 19 at 12:30Permalink
    We will have an double timed 2nd period with doubled eliminations. Does that mean we will have 11 periods and the communiy badge is granted by reaching period 4?
  • Posted on 18 August 19 at 13:33Permalink
    Will there be a second, team-based bonus challenge for this period?

    My tag team partner is back from holiday, and we are ready to lay the smack down.
  • PSXtreme_PSXtreme_161,337
    Posted on 18 August 19 at 13:34Permalink
    Grinhorn said:
    We will have an double timed 2nd period with doubled eliminations. Does that mean we will have 11 periods and the communiy badge is granted by reaching period 4?
    That was my question too.
  • Posted on 18 August 19 at 14:19Permalink
    We'll sort out these questions on Monday when the devs are back in. It was a last minute change due to the scanners.
  • Matto_lsiMatto_lsi563,703
    Posted on 19 August 19 at 09:44Permalink
    I wasn't able to select a platinum for my period 2 bonus as the scanners weren't working the last couple days. Now that I've been scanned, and I have 2 eligible plats, is the bonus still available? The email said to 'select' a platinum, but I don't see a way of doing that.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.