Community Events Forum

GTTSC 2019 – Discussion

AuthorMessage
iXanon
82,441
iXanon
Posted on 12 August 19 at 17:22
AtsumaKarin said:
iXanon said:
Hmm, interesting.. So any bonuses previously unused are lost?
Nope, you can use them at any time during the contest besides the last 8 hours of each period.
I see it again now, thanks.

Wonder if it was still hidden at the time of posting as P2 had only just started?
B-More84
140,400
B-More84
Posted on 12 August 19 at 22:20
So how does someone have -33 trophies?
dmland12
384,544
dmland12
Posted on 12 August 19 at 23:09
B-More84 said:
So how does someone have -33 trophies?
By hiding them, I presume.

I wonder what happens if someone unhides a bunch of trophies. Can you just hide everything before the contest starts and then unhide them as needed? Hopefully, something like that wouldn't work.
Shadow_Kisuragi
Posted on 13 August 19 at 00:39
Hiding and unhiding trophies actually is not tracked by our scanners. The only thing that would be impacted would be syncing trophies late.
dmland12
384,544
dmland12
Posted on 13 August 19 at 02:08
That's good to know. But, then I don't see how anyone could end up with negative trophies gained this week. I must be missing something.
BeardedScot86
419,068
BeardedScot86
Posted on 13 August 19 at 07:30
dmland12 said:
That's good to know. But, then I don't see how anyone could end up with negative trophies gained this week. I must be missing something.
I assume some sort of oddity happened on their account. No idea though
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite trophy site on the internet!
Nelson-Hellier
Posted on 16 August 19 at 13:27
I recall seeing something about a winnable bonus for Platinum-ing a game with a 1.5 or better ratio... but can't seem to find it now.

Is that a thing? Or did i dream it. And if so, any guesses as to what other bonus challenges there might be?
minpinz23186
22,561
minpinz23186
Posted on 16 August 19 at 13:36
Nelson-Hellier said:
I recall seeing something about a winnable bonus for Platinum-ing a game with a 1.5 or better ratio... but can't seem to find it now.

Is that a thing? Or did i dream it. And if so, any guesses as to what other bonus challenges there might be?
You didn't dream it - it was mentioned in a PM sent to everyone in the individual competition. Bonuses on the TA side tend to be along of lines of get X achievements or X gamerscore, or spell a particular word with the first letter of achievements, or double your TA from the previous week. I'm guessing these will be along the same lines, but I'd love to see something weird and different!
Nelson-Hellier
Posted on 16 August 19 at 14:05
minpinz23186 said:
[You didn't dream it - it was mentioned in a PM sent to everyone in the individual competition. Bonuses on the TA side tend to be along of lines of get X achievements or X gamerscore, or spell a particular word with the first letter of achievements, or double your TA from the previous week. I'm guessing these will be along the same lines, but I'd love to see something weird and different!
Ahhh - good to know. Thanks.

I always enjoy the spelling challenges, but it'll be interesting to see what they come up with.
scemopagliaccioh
Posted on 17 August 19 at 02:34
Speaking of the bonus, I got the plat for Bayonetta, is the bonus still active? Asking because it wasn't added after I got the plat and synch'd.
PMD_E1337Pete
323,039
PMD_E1337Pete
Posted on 17 August 19 at 02:52
scemopagliaccioh said:
Speaking of the bonus, I got the plat for Bayonetta, is the bonus still active? Asking because it wasn't added after I got the plat and synch'd.
By the wording of the bonus (and the warning that it could decay below 1.5 ratio), I assume that you get the bonus at the end of period 2/start of period of 3 if you qualify at that time.
xLilSheWolfx
231,169
xLilSheWolfx
Posted on 17 August 19 at 08:53
scemopagliaccioh said:
Speaking of the bonus, I got the plat for Bayonetta, is the bonus still active? Asking because it wasn't added after I got the plat and synch'd.
You get the bonuses when the next period starts. It may take a day or two as they have to award the bonuses manually to each person that qualifies.
Gaming 4 Life
minpinz23186
22,561
minpinz23186
Posted on 17 August 19 at 18:22
Najinceil said:
Scanners are going through a bit of trouble for the time being, and the Devs are off for the weekend. They'll get to it ASAP.
I was wondering why my requested scan wouldn't go through, and got this message back - is the policy for scanner malfunctions the same for this one as in GTASC?
SinnTrophyHunter
Posted on 18 August 19 at 11:00
when i make an update request i keep getting 11 players in front of me, and acording to my scan history the last request i made was on the 16th lol i tried all day yesterday which was the 17th
Najinceil
433,239
Najinceil
Posted on 18 August 19 at 11:48
SinnTrophyHunter said:
when i make an update request i keep getting 11 players in front of me, and acording to my scan history the last request i made was on the 16th lol i tried all day yesterday which was the 17th
The scanners are currently messing up. They should hopefully be all fixed when the Devs are back in the office tomorrow.

minpinz23186 said:
Najinceil said:
Scanners are going through a bit of trouble for the time being, and the Devs are off for the weekend. They'll get to it ASAP.
I was wondering why my requested scan wouldn't go through, and got this message back - is the policy for scanner malfunctions the same for this one as in GTASC?
Everyone should have just got a PM explaining that the contest is extended! toast
Grinhorn
198,287
Grinhorn
Posted on 18 August 19 at 12:30
We will have an double timed 2nd period with doubled eliminations. Does that mean we will have 11 periods and the communiy badge is granted by reaching period 4?
Nelson-Hellier
Posted on 18 August 19 at 13:33
Will there be a second, team-based bonus challenge for this period?

My tag team partner is back from holiday, and we are ready to lay the smack down.
PSXtreme_
148,583
PSXtreme_
Posted on 18 August 19 at 13:34
Grinhorn said:
We will have an double timed 2nd period with doubled eliminations. Does that mean we will have 11 periods and the communiy badge is granted by reaching period 4?
That was my question too.
Shadow_Kisuragi
Posted on 18 August 19 at 14:19
We'll sort out these questions on Monday when the devs are back in. It was a last minute change due to the scanners.
Matto_lsi
474,414
Matto_lsi
Posted on 19 August 19 at 09:44
I wasn't able to select a platinum for my period 2 bonus as the scanners weren't working the last couple days. Now that I've been scanned, and I have 2 eligible plats, is the bonus still available? The email said to 'select' a platinum, but I don't see a way of doing that.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.