GTTSC 2019 – Discussion

• deadjoedeadjoe591,339
    Posted on 03 August 19 at 10:47
    Looking for a partner who is actually going to score (don't want to be put with a random who does nothing).
  • Netguy503Netguy5031,811,881
    Posted on 03 August 19 at 22:03
    ^ same as above

anyone want to partner up? I need a partner. Look at my profile (I'm a pretty good trophy hunter) and, before I add you, know I will be looking at yours. I will also be talking to you privately before I accept the invite to a team.
  • Netguy503Netguy5031,811,881
    Posted on 03 August 19 at 22:05
    deadjoe said:
    Looking for a partner who is actually going to score (don't want to be put with a random who does nothing).
    want to team up?
  • MayadomeMayadome523,354
    Posted on 04 August 19 at 12:32, Edited on 04 August 19 at 12:35 by Mayadome
    Does anyone know how to invite someone to your team? Unless I'm blind I can't see any option to. Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind I found it. It was on the side of the team page.
    Feel The Ether
  • Posted on 04 August 19 at 16:50
    Well, don't know about anyone else, but I'm excited for this to kick off in under 24 hours now.

I'm guessing that the cut off for the first period is going to be really low (even the GTASC on TA right now has had cutoffs for teams around 1k and individuals about 300 points 5 weeks into the event). Still not a good time for me to be grinding out AC: Odyssey, which has to be the single largest game I've ever played.

Time to finish LEGO Batman 3 (or one of the near hundred other games I kinda fell off of....)
  • minpinz23186minpinz23186139,449
    Posted on 04 August 19 at 18:50
    Dog_of_Thunder said:
    Well, don't know about anyone else, but I'm excited for this to kick off in under 24 hours now.

I'm guessing that the cut off for the first period is going to be really low (even the GTASC on TA right now has had cutoffs for teams around 1k and individuals about 300 points 5 weeks into the event).
    I'm definitely getting excited for this too. Hopefully it will be fun!

Regarding the cutoff, while I do expect it to be pretty low the first week, remember that the GTASC is using TA difference, while this one is pure TT increase, so they really can't be compared directly. Also, because this one is new, I'd expect a lot fewer people who sign up aren't going to try. I think most of us are veterans of the other contest who just want more excuses to play...
  • Posted on 04 August 19 at 19:23
    minpinz23186 said:
    Dog_of_Thunder said:

I'm guessing that the cut off for the first period is going to be really low (even the GTASC on TA right now has had cutoffs for teams around 1k and individuals about 300 points 5 weeks into the event).
    I'm definitely getting excited for this too. Hopefully it will be fun!

Regarding the cutoff, while I do expect it to be pretty low the first week, remember that the GTASC is using TA difference, while this one is pure TT increase, so they really can't be compared directly. Also, because this one is new, I'd expect a lot fewer people who sign up aren't going to try. I think most of us are veterans of the other contest who just want more excuses to play...
    im also exited to get the ball rolling :) and i am a novice at these contests, although im in it for the fun i will be giving it a good go to :)
    it starts 5AM for me lol and i start work at 5: 30 AM so il be thinking about getting this started all day tomoz lol
    cant wait
    good luck all
  • nicklesminernicklesminer476,402
    Posted on 04 August 19 at 22:10
    I'm still looking for a team mate if anyone is still looking. I haven't played a whole lot on ps3/ps4/vita so this profile is a little low. To get an idea of how I score during the event my stats for July during the first month of GTASC this year (July) were: 262 Achievements in 33 games, for a total of 12,585 TrueAchievement points (9,029 Gamerscore).

Thanks.
  • Nelson-HellierNelson-Hellier1,105,311
    Posted on 04 August 19 at 22:51
    I too am looking forward to the commencement of this grand tournament, and the opportunity to test my mettle against some of the greatest and most voracious trophy warriors the world and this website have to offer.

I would like to wish both my friends and my enemies the best of luck, and I mean that very, very sincerely.
  • ZvetikiZvetiki461,779
    Posted on 05 August 19 at 03:44
    Currently, non-pros are scanned once in 24 hours, I believe. That would mean that it could take a full day after the deadline until the cutoff line can be established. Will this procedure be changed for this event, for example by scanning all contestants within one hour after the deadline?
  • Posted on 05 August 19 at 03:47
    Zvetiki said:
    Currently, non-pros are scanned once in 24 hours, I believe. That would mean that it could take a full day after the deadline until the cutoff line can be established. Will this procedure be changed for this event, for example by scanning all contestants within one hour after the deadline?
    This indeed would be very helpful to us non pro members
    A very good question
  • Posted on 05 August 19 at 08:15
    Zvetiki said:
    Unless something has changed (not been a non pro in a long time), a standard user can request 3 scans a day. So all they have to do is make sure they scan in before the deadline
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite trophy site on the internet!
  • PSXtreme_PSXtreme_228,374
    Posted on 05 August 19 at 10:34
    Shadow_Kisuragi said:
    PSXtreme_ said:
    Just a FYI...even though you only register for 1 of the 2 events, the site is counting both in your "Participated in # Community Events" Icon that shows up in the line under your name on the user's home page.
    Can you please verify this is still the case? When I view your Community events, it shows that you've participated in 6, with 5 being previous events.
    You are correct and I am in error. I forgot about the ongoing Bean Dive. There is no problem on your end.

We now return you to your previously scheduled Community Event discussion, already in progress.
  • DrNefarioDrNefario92,650
    Posted on 05 August 19 at 11:11
    I'm a bit nervous of this one. I don't really know where I am in most of my ongoing games. I probably need to apologise to my random team mate in advance.

I bought an Xbox One at the end of June, added GamePass, and signed up for the GTASC over on TA. I haven't really touched my PS4 (and Switch) since then because of all the GamePass goodies I've been going through. It's going to be difficult to juggle the two contests. At least I have the Vita for this one, so I can do some scoring on the road.
  • KodingKoding217,483
    Posted on 05 August 19 at 11:13
    Zvetiki said:
    Nope. Making sure your trophies are scanned in is your responsibility. As has been said though, non-Pro users can request 3 scans in a 24 hour period. Use them wisely!
    62 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 3,500 achievements/trophies earned in LEGO games!
  • minpinz23186minpinz23186139,449
    Posted on 05 August 19 at 13:26
    I'm excited that it's started!

Just wanted to get a little clarification. Since it wasn't mentioned in the original post, I assumed for this first iteration that there would be no badges, bonuses, or bench, but it looks like everyone has received the initial freebie bonus. Will there be any others to earn, or is it just the initial?

Also, it looks like 10% will be eliminated on the individual side. Will that be the same each week until the semis? A rules thread might be helpful. Thanks!
  • diskdocxdiskdocx3,230,399
    Posted on 05 August 19 at 20:32
    Is it still possible to register, or has that closed now that the event started?
  • Posted on 05 August 19 at 23:01
    Hello. I’m currently showing on the leaderboard with 67TT. 32 of this is from a trophy I won yesterday but did not sync on my vita till tonight. The trophy doesn’t appear on my best trophies for this period. Is this a bug? Hope this makes sense!
  • DrNefarioDrNefario92,650
    Posted on 06 August 19 at 15:04
    This is kind of tricky compared to the GTASC, because games with relatively few achievements don't tend to have them overvalued. On the Xbox, a game with 10 achievements will still have 1000 points, so each one will be worth on average 100, but on the Playstation a bronze is a bronze.

My trophy from Hue yesterday was worth 21 (15) on the PS, and 64 (50) on the Xbox. (And there isn't one for watching the credits on the PS, I found out too late.)
  • Posted on 06 August 19 at 15:52
    Question: say I play offline on the ps3 and amass an amount of trophy points during week 1, but I don't synch until week 2, will those leftovers points be useless or go directly to week 2?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads