Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Missing The Witcher? Keep an eye on Greedfall, Out This September

• Posted on 25 July 19 at 17:28, Edited on 25 July 19 at 17:29 by Frankie_Drums_
    Games developed by Spiders are low quality garbage and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same article as The Witcher.
  • CMDR-ZCMDR-Z606,959
    Posted on 25 July 19 at 18:19
    I'm pretty excited. Technomancer was a lot of fun, and reminded me of the older Risen games.

Will be nice to jump into a new IP.
  • EmiinahEmiinah165,670
    Posted on 26 July 19 at 06:23
    Frankie_Drums_ said:
    Games developed by Spiders are low quality garbage and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same article as The Witcher.
    That’s a shame, I’ve got Technomancer on my backlog and I’ve always heard mixed reviews. I never know if it’s worth starting.
    What’s the point of nice days when stupid people are allowed to enjoy them too?
  • Posted on 26 July 19 at 15:58
    The Technomancer was actually a lot of fun.

Sure, it can't really compare with The Witcher on a technical scale, nor does it have the narrative depth... but Spider crafted a cool little sci-fi world with some great moments.

I'm interested in this.
  • CMDR-ZCMDR-Z606,959
    Posted on 26 July 19 at 16:02
    Nelson-Hellier said:

Sure, it can't really compare with The Witcher on a technical scale, nor does it have the narrative depth... but Spider crafted a cool little sci-fi world with some great moments.

I'm interested in this.
    Absolutely agreed. It felt cheesy, and a bit underdeveloped, but that's what gave it its charm, in my opinion. The setting/world was fun and I enjoyed it a ton.
  • Posted on 27 July 19 at 17:49
    Najinceil said:
    Nelson-Hellier said:

I'm interested in this.
    Absolutely agreed. It felt cheesy, and a bit underdeveloped, but that's what gave it its charm, in my opinion. The setting/world was fun and I enjoyed it a ton.
    After enjoying Mars: War Logs, it was a bit of a no brainer to pick up really. If i have one criticism, it's that i'd have liked a few more references to Roy.

People who are only willing to give super-polished AAA titles a look are gonna miss out on a lot of great RPG experiences. I'd liken Spiders a bit to Piranha Bytes, who made my all-time favourite game in Risen 2.

Not mechanically brilliant, but charming and while the graphics aren't terrific, the art direction makes for some stunning views - though the Technomancer isn't as deep.
  • Posted on 29 July 19 at 12:40, Edited on 05 September 19 at 23:44 by Morningstar
    I can not wait too, it's two months away and I feel like it's going to be a heavy one.

TweakBox word counter Tutuapp
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.