General Discussion

Want to talk Playstation, but not specifically about one console, or anything that would belong in the other forums? This is the place.

PS Now

• Posted on 17 July 19 at 22:04Permalink
    Not sure if this is the correct place to put this or if another thread exists so sorry if this isn’t the place or another thread exists. But do you think PS Now is worth the price? Keep in mind I never played most of the games on there usually just been a sports gamer but looking to open up to other games. Just looking to get some other gamers opinions on the service thanks in advance for any input I receive.
  • NajinceilNajinceil518,269
    Posted on 17 July 19 at 22:34Permalink
    Not right now, in my opinion.

It has a lot of games, but a lot of them are PS3, which means you need to have great internet to stream them. They've begun to put PS4 games in there that you can download, but the selection isn't /huge/ as of right now. They've been adding new downloadable PS4 games each month, but for the price they charge per month as of right now? Not worth it, imo.
  • Posted on 15 May 20 at 22:29, Edited on 15 May 20 at 22:33 by AnthragonVangorPermalink
    I am a little late on this topic but felt to add some information, since I didn't want to start a new thread:

My biggest issue - if you can call it that - is that Playstation Now is in many cases not a place for people who want to earn many platinum/100 % ing a game.

I had an Amazon discount for Playstation Now and since I am very satisfied with the Xbox Game Pass I wanted to give it a try for a year, also for the comparison which one has the better games or offer. Besides exclusives I think both are good. But when it comes to achieving 100% completing a game or in Sonys case going for Platinum there's a big issue.

There are many games which are just impossible to complete and the main problem is: many games have online related trophies but servers many of those servers are offline for several years. I have to admit, that I am not that trophy/achievement hunter, but sometimes there are games that have those trophies which gives a game an extra goal for me then just completing the main story e.g.
    It's nice to play Playstation 3 games on the Playstation 4 although they can only be streamed, but I have very good internet connection and barely had problems with streaming. But especially those PS3 games have those above mentioned trophies with multiplayer/online server related games which are just impossible to complete anymore. And there's one thing where I sometimes I prefer the "100%-ing" achievement on Xbox better than the system on Playstation where you can complete the game but don't get a Platinum because the games just doesn't offer it.

To put my words in a nutshell: PS Now especially on a special offer like on Amazon can be nice if you want to try out games within the range of PS2, PS3, PS4 and those Indie developer games. Some games are exclusives like (May 16th 2020) Spiderman. JRPG fetishists will also find a bunch of games and you now how many ours you can punt into these games.

BUT you need to have in mind that there are many games which can't be completed and in many cases, when there's a PS3 and PS4 version of a game, like let's say The Last Of Us, on Playstation Now they only offer the PS3 version (which means you then can only stream it and you have the "worse" edition" of the game). And in comparison to the Xbox Game Pass I have to say, eventhough Gamepass has less games it often has a better offer. I am also missing more multiplayer games. If you see Playstation Now for 59 bucks...well it isn't worth in my opinion.
    So let it be written, so let it be done.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.