Gaming News

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

PlayStation Have Changed July's PS Plus Lineup, For Some Reason

• Posted on 02 July 19 at 13:39
    I’ll bet anything, complaints about a soccer game being free was the reason. And I’ll double down the bet to say 90% of said complaints were from the US.

Whatever happened to being happy that you are getting something for free for having a membership? I’m not the biggest soccer fan, but I definitely would give the game a whirl.
  • Posted on 02 July 19 at 13:41
    capicawl said:
    I’ll bet anything, complaints about a soccer game being free was the reason. And I’ll double down the bet to say 90% of said complaints were from the US.

Whatever happened to being happy that you are getting something for free for having a membership? I’m not the biggest soccer fan, but I definitely would give the game a whirl.
    That doesn't seem entirely PlayStation's style to be honest. They don't often give into pressure, especially over something as relatively trivial as this.

It's probably an overlooked licensing problem that has just come to light.
  • Posted on 02 July 19 at 13:41
    What bollocks you shouting out Sam?
  • Posted on 02 July 19 at 13:43
    Darkflamewar said:
    What bollocks you shouting out Sam?
    Thanks for your contribution Chin.
  • Kinky_MongKinky_Mong312,529
    Posted on 02 July 19 at 13:43
    So, here's the deal: Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 is now not included in the PS Plus line-up for July – despite the original PS Plus July 2019 announcement. We have no idea why.
    The huge number of complaints would be my guess.

I'm pleased about this switch anyway, was on the verge of buying Detroit in a recent sale but getting it "free" is much better!
  • KodingKoding217,483
    Posted on 02 July 19 at 14:20
    Amazing timing. I was about to borrow my son's physical copy and here they give me the digital one!! Can't wait to play this.
    61 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 3,400 achievements/trophies earned in LEGO games!
  • Posted on 02 July 19 at 14:34
    capicawl said:
    Whatever happened to being happy that you are getting something for free for having a membership?
    We're not getting something for free because we have a membership. We're getting games every month that are part of a paid membership. If you stop paying, you lose access to the games.

When Sony first started the free games, it gave them an edge over Microsoft. Then Microsoft matched the program and included games as well, and that's when perception shifted from "a free game with a membership" to "games are included with paid memberships."
  • Posted on 02 July 19 at 14:59, Edited on 02 July 19 at 15:01 by capicawl
    Frankie_Drums_ said:
    capicawl said:
    Whatever happened to being happy that you are getting something for free for having a membership?
    We're not getting something for free because we have a membership. We're getting games every month that are part of a paid membership. If you stop paying, you lose access to the games.

When Sony first started the free games, it gave them an edge over Microsoft. Then Microsoft matched the program and included games as well, and that's when perception shifted from "a free game with a membership" to "games are included with paid memberships."
    Well I was a ps plus member long before they offered games, so it’s free. It’s not like they raised the price over time to offer that. And I won’t ever stop being a ps plus member, so I’ll always have the games.
  • Posted on 02 July 19 at 15:31
    I think the main reason is from complaints that half of the game is available as a free to play title, PES 2019 Lite, which contains the myClub online game mode. I doubt it would have been down to pressure from players who don't want a footie game as they have had PES a couple times on the Plus lineup.
  • Posted on 02 July 19 at 15:32
    it's a change for the better and I recommend Detroit : Become Human
  • SoragoofSoragoof39,370
    Posted on 02 July 19 at 15:36
    I'm extremely happy about this! One of the few games on my wishlist has just become free after being on the verge of buying it for some months now.
  • EmiinahEmiinah332,112
    Posted on 02 July 19 at 16:07
    Whatever the reason, I’m happy!
    What’s the point of nice days when stupid people are allowed to enjoy them too?
  • UlvenFenrirUlvenFenrir1,145,262
    Posted on 02 July 19 at 17:04, Edited on 02 July 19 at 17:06 by UlvenFenrir
    capicawl said:
    Frankie_Drums_ said:
    capicawl said:

Well I was a ps plus member long before they offered games, so it’s free. It’s not like they raised the price over time to offer that. And I won’t ever stop being a ps plus member, so I’ll always have the games.
    they did increase the price and are going to soon again. dunno what cave youre living in. and its not free. you pay. no one wants a yearly game as part of their ps plus membership, and certaintly not a football game that you can find in the garbage bin.

whenever a company says “buy 1 , get 1 free” marketing tactics, its never free as long as youre paying. its an illusion to trick people into thinking theyre getting shit for free.
  • donald047donald0472,462,243
    Posted on 02 July 19 at 17:27
    UlvenFenrir said:
    capicawl said:
    Frankie_Drums_ said:
    capicawl said:

they did increase the price and are going to soon again. dunno what cave youre living in. and its not free. you pay. no one wants a yearly game as part of their ps plus membership, and certaintly not a football game that you can find in the garbage bin.

whenever a company says “buy 1 , get 1 free” marketing tactics, its never free as long as youre paying. its an illusion to trick people into thinking theyre getting shit for free.
    Amen.

I reckon with the level of complaints and that, Sony may have reached out to Konami and been told "look, we are only going to be keeping the online servers open for another 3-6 months while we launch Esports PES 2020/try and hook a few more people by giving away coins even though we are stopping the only decent player packs effective this month".
    Donald W Forbes
  • LeigrezLeigrez1,698,834
    Posted on 02 July 19 at 18:07
    Dang and I just bought it for 16$ the other week. Still really glad that everyone who has PS plus will get to enjoy it.
    There are three kinds of people in this world. People who can count and people who can't.
  • MrVan77MrVan77275,164
    Posted on 02 July 19 at 18:33
    Leigrez said:
    Dang and I just bought it for 16$ the other week. Still really glad that everyone who has PS plus will get to enjoy it.
    Same here, just bought it on the last sale. That was only a couple weeks ago.
  • Posted on 02 July 19 at 18:35
    I love Detroit become human i cosplayed at Tokyo Gameshow when the Detroit become human event was at it, arigatou gozaimasu :)
    Panache! - Reincarnation!
  • GampxSGampxS371,377
    Posted on 02 July 19 at 20:09
    capicawl said:

Found the Sony employee.
    No but seriously, your opinion would be right if the price would be right. Im student I dont make much money and I cherish it. PS Plus cost less before and had more exclusive sales and free games, then they made PS Plus more pricey, removed games and the difference between PSPlus sale and normal sale was like only 5%. That is maybe still acceptable for some people IF the games would be worth it but they dont. If they would give us chance to pay ONLY for online gaming for a resonable price I wouldnt hesitate to leave the pricey option. Guys like you are why we cant have nice things cause you just accept the changes no matter what are the outcomes.
    But as I see there is still majority of people who care about gaming economy and thanks to them (us) Sony cant just do whatever without consequences.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 July 19 at 22:55
    Detroit has a great story and this is an excellent free game. Shame I already have it, but nice one Sony.
    Put your hands behind your knees and get down on your head...now!!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads