Forum for the Bean Dive 2019 Event

Bean Dive 2019

• Posted on 27 June 19 at 11:51, Edited on 12 July 19 at 14:58 by kintaris
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
  • minpinz23186minpinz23186135,087
    Posted on 04 July 19 at 13:03
    Glad to see it's official this year, last year's felt lonely dive.

Just to let you know, the link to the hub isn't working - it redirects to the home page.
  • Posted on 08 July 19 at 14:53
    Hub's live now! toast
  • ArcticCressArcticCress837,708
    Posted on 08 July 19 at 17:05
    I have a quick question, in the description for the hub page it says "Sign up now to start your bean dive and grab yourself a community challenge badge!"

Is there an upgrade for the community challenge badge in this event or not? I don't see anything in the hub or the FAQs.
  • Posted on 08 July 19 at 18:05
    If anyone dives Umbrella Corp holla at me and I’ll be more than happy to boost it with anyone!
    J. Adam Gilman
  • BeanUppercutBeanUppercut244,268
    Posted on 09 July 19 at 11:26
    ArcticCress said:
    I have a quick question, in the description for the hub page it says "Sign up now to start your bean dive and grab yourself a community challenge badge!"

Is there an upgrade for the community challenge badge in this event or not? I don't see anything in the hub or the FAQs.
    I'm wondering this as well, as one of the few "Circle of Taste" 6/6 Community Challenge members. wink
  • Posted on 09 July 19 at 12:08
    Interesting event :)
    Panache! - Reincarnation!
  • ArcticCressArcticCress837,708
    Posted on 14 July 19 at 02:38
    ArcticCress said:

I would still like an answer to this question, please.
  • ZvetikiZvetiki435,322
    Posted on 14 July 19 at 10:31
    BeanUppercut said:
    ArcticCress said:

I'm wondering this as well, as one of the few "Circle of Taste" 6/6 Community Challenge members. wink
    [another 6/6 here] I do not see this statement on the hub page, the FAQ or anywhere else, a Google search turns up empty, and a DuckDuckGo search points to the hub page. So apparently the statement once was there, but has since been removed.
  • Posted on 14 July 19 at 14:01
    Question if I finish my dive after the 22 will it still count or do I need to have everything dived by then? Didn’t realize some games took so long to earn a trophy.
  • Hi-EdHi-Ed175,883
    Posted on 14 July 19 at 17:50
    ChiT0wnItalian said:
    Question if I finish my dive after the 22 will it still count or do I need to have everything dived by then? Didn’t realize some games took so long to earn a trophy.
    I'm wondering this too. Does everyone's dive end on the 22nd or some other day?

More generally, what happens if we start a dive but never end it?
  • ZvetikiZvetiki435,322
    Posted on 14 July 19 at 18:02
    Zvetiki said:
    BeanUppercut said:
    ArcticCress said:
    [...] apparently the statement once was there, but has since been removed.
    Also, over at TA, it was confirmed that the Bean Dive counts as a Community Event, not a Challenge.

That said, done, with nine games dived. In contrast to previous dives, I restricted myself this time to games which I am reasonable certain to actually play in the near future.
  • RNumbersRNumbers1,324,677
    Posted on 15 July 19 at 17:03
    How to trophies from non-dive games work? I earned a few from my ongoing XCOM Plus game between starting and ending the dive. And my completion percentage by the time I finish my dive games could be lower or higher than if I played them exclusively. Is the intent that you only play your dive games till they're done?
  • benh57benh57373,338
    Posted on 16 July 19 at 05:32
    Stopped at 16 games. Was starting to get down to games that i may not want to invest time in, and wanted to actually play some of them. :)
  • LucasKellLucasKell570,512
    Posted on 16 July 19 at 21:46
    I didn't realise they were doing this for trophies too! I already did 300 games for the XBox one, so I think I'm too burned out for this, but may dip in on the weekend.
  • lynden347lynden3471,249,302
    Posted on 17 July 19 at 00:11, Edited on 17 July 19 at 16:09 by lynden347
    Wow, what a crazy few days. Finally hit my 100 and done popping! Time to get to work! Excited.. the vast majority of my Bean Dive is the remaining PS3 and Vita games I have, really want to complete them before the upcoming next gen. Threw in a few PSVR and PS4 games to help remind me what current gen looks like laugh. Goal is to get my % back by March 2, 2020 (gotta focus on FF7 Remake the next day!!!) Hope everyone enjoys their refreshing dive! dive
  • xStOnEhEaDxxStOnEhEaDx1,132,930
    Posted on 17 July 19 at 15:01
    So how is some peoples completions % drops so big?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 July 19 at 14:29
    xStOnEhEaDx said:
    It's all relative. If you only have say 7 games on your profile, and you've got the platinum on 5 of those games, and 40% completion on the other 2. You'll have a total completion percentage of 82.8% on your profile... If you then dive 10 games, getting 1 trophy in each game (which averaged at about 3% completion), you'll be dropping to 35.9% completion on your profile. Because it's all about ratios.

The more games you've played the more games you need to dive in order for it to make a difference, however, the higher your completion percentage is to start with, the less games you need to dive for it to make a difference. It's why even though I dive 50 games I only dropped my completion percentage by around 6.11%, because I tend to complete around 30% of my games and I had almost 200 games on my profile before I started. So loads of games, but low completion percentage means game didn't effect my dive any where near as much as they would other people... if I had started and left unfinished less of my games, or finished more of the games I started, the dive would have had a greater impact.

Good old relative statistics.
  • xStOnEhEaDxxStOnEhEaDx1,132,930
    Posted on 22 July 19 at 16:47
    BurnedChipmunk said:
    xStOnEhEaDx said:
    It's all relative. If you only have say 7 games on your profile, and you've got the platinum on 5 of those games, and 40% completion on the other 2. You'll have a total completion percentage of 82.8% on your profile... If you then dive 10 games, getting 1 trophy in each game (which averaged at about 3% completion), you'll be dropping to 35.9% completion on your profile. Because it's all about ratios.

The more games you've played the more games you need to dive in order for it to make a difference, however, the higher your completion percentage is to start with, the less games you need to dive for it to make a difference. It's why even though I dive 50 games I only dropped my completion percentage by around 6.11%, because I tend to complete around 30% of my games and I had almost 200 games on my profile before I started. So loads of games, but low completion percentage means game didn't effect my dive any where near as much as they would other people... if I had started and left unfinished less of my games, or finished more of the games I started, the dive would have had a greater impact.

Good old relative statistics.
    Ahh haven't thought about that. makes more sense now.. thank you.. :)
  • dlomas2k8dlomas2k8656,446
    Posted on 23 July 19 at 10:55
    Am I able to still add games to my Dive? I thought it was supposed to stop at midday yesterday but it added a new game I played in the evening.

If so I’m happy because I’ll be able to creep up to 50 games.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads