Genre Discussion: For The King

A messageboard for all things genres

For The King Multi-Genre Discussion

Related game: For The King

• Information
    Posted on 22 June 19 at 22:30
    Please use this thread to discuss this game's classification under the multi-genre system.

If you disagree with the current genres, please click the "Add genre disagreement" button below.
  • Information
    Posted on 22 June 19 at 22:30
    Nexeus_ has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
    Rogue-lite. Marketed as one, and fits the main criteria.
  • AtsumaKarinAtsumaKarin1,298,491
    Posted on 24 June 19 at 14:26
    Hey there Nexeus_, thanks for your disagreement re: the genres on this game.

Following a review with the team, despite there being some RL elements present in the game, we don't feel there are quite enough to qualify it for the genre based on the evidence we saw so it won't get added for now.

Feel free to follow up if you think there is something we overlooked. toast
    Game Info/Genre Team Member. :D Enjoys the thrill of the GRP (Gold Rush Plat) and seeing Double (or more) Milestones in his Friend Feed!
  • Nexeus_Nexeus_600,402
    Posted on 26 June 19 at 08:42
    How exactly? You run randomized maps, accrue item unlocks for use in future runs, and death wipes your party. Granted, most RL are either side scrollers, or some form of twin stick, I feel like this is 100% RPG roguelite. Just curious in case I missed something, so I dont flag something down in the future. The genre is exploding these days.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads