Gaming News Forum

All the latest Playstation and gaming news. Only TT Newshounds can post in this forum.

Possible Upcoming PlayStation 4 Features Include Trophy Progression

AuthorMessage
rpgartist100
rpgartist100
Posted on 16 May 19 at 07:43
Now that would be nice. Massive help if I need to see if I am doing something right or not.
Slayer1189
Slayer1189
Posted on 16 May 19 at 08:31, Edited on 16 May 19 at 08:32 by Slayer1189
I have wanted game time and trophy progression for a LONG time and they already have it on other platforms.

If they implement these, there is only 1 major feature I have wanted on PS4 from the beginning that they haven't added.

Folders to arrange your game library! Such a big oversight by Sony!

Please, get to work on that one after this is implemented toast
UberniXi
UberniXi
Posted on 16 May 19 at 09:18
It would be nice. I enjoy this feature on Xbox.
Moogourou
Moogourou
Posted on 16 May 19 at 09:19
Nice feature to implement, but if they do, devs will probably have to update their games to use it properly so I assume that not so much games will benefit from it.
GampxS
GampxS
Posted on 16 May 19 at 10:30
Time spent and overall progression would be awesome. Truth is on Xbox the time spent feature was sometimes way off but progression was onpoint when my connection was ok. I blame games also cause at some games everything was precise while at others it didnt always register.
Anyway thumbs up for the idea, I hope for the best.
Gybelle
Gybelle
Posted on 16 May 19 at 10:44
Woah! That would be great!
Instagram: @gyb.elle Currently playing: Ucharted & RDR2
mysticmosh
mysticmosh
Posted on 16 May 19 at 14:50
I hope they put in a link to solutions for trophies like on the xbox. If you click on that option, you get sent to the solutions page of True Achievements app which is great so a link like that on ps4 would be welcome.
I would also want more control over my trophies in the future; I want the ability to wipe any trophies off my account (ie for games I don't like but have got trophies in), and I want the trophies for DLC to only appear on my account if I have played it!. Pipe dream, but should be looked into.
BloodySky
BloodySky
Posted on 16 May 19 at 14:58, Edited on 16 May 19 at 15:36 by BloodySky
Time played! Finally! Even though I mainly play on PS4, I still play on XBox One from time to time and I always loved it having time played. I also loved how you could compare that stuff with friends, hopefully PlayStation adds that eventually as well. And I wouldn't be opposed to a friend monthly Trophy Leaderboard, like XBox One has (achievement leaderboard on XBox, of course). Yes, the e-mail I get from TrueTrophies here every month is nice, but it'd be more convenient to all be on the console, like XBox. Also not all of my PSN friends are on the site, sadly.

Edit: I also hope the trophy progress is true as well. Would help a lot for certain games. There are a few games that I am only a grindy trophy or two away from the 100% and would be great to know how close or far away I am.
This Bloody Sky will reign.
Romanus1
Romanus1
Posted on 16 May 19 at 17:18
mysticmosh said:
I hope they put in a link to solutions for trophies like on the xbox. If you click on that option, you get sent to the solutions page of True Achievements app which is great so a link like that on ps4 would be welcome.
I would also want more control over my trophies in the future; I want the ability to wipe any trophies off my account (ie for games I don't like but have got trophies in), and I want the trophies for DLC to only appear on my account if I have played it!. Pipe dream, but should be looked into.
They already do that go to the trophy list on the PS4 pick the trophy click options then search internet

I love this if it's true one thing my Xbox has over PS4 is achievement tracking bring that to PS4 should have been done years back same with the rest being able to tracker how long you have played games is great also I was just trying to workout the hours I gave in days gone just last night this will make it so much more easy
xTwoFace619x
xTwoFace619x
Posted on 16 May 19 at 20:30
Thats one i miss if i look to the xbox achievments! Please sony. wave
7 Years xbox Fanboy and now i come back to Sony and grow to a sony fanboy... PS4 i coming :-)
CurlyJo16
CurlyJo16
Posted on 17 May 19 at 01:07
It would be awesome to see Trophy progression & statistics added. Looking forward to it!
DerHerzeleid
DerHerzeleid
Posted on 17 May 19 at 05:40
Trophy tracking would be awesome.
It is really fucking hard to track some trophies especially if they are a long grind.
iXanon
iXanon
Posted on 17 May 19 at 05:55
NxtDoc1851 said:
Hopefully it actually works, unlike Xbox's garbage achievement tracker.

I'm sure it will. PlayStation generally makes sure shit works
Yes, like the ability to change our PSN name.. oh facepalm
DeraesPieterjan
Posted on 17 May 19 at 06:01
Wow, this is honestly amazing news! If this gets implemented correctly, I’ll probably switch to PlayStation laugh
TVippy
TVippy
Posted on 17 May 19 at 21:31
Biggest update since 2.5, if true. But it's haaaaard to believe they'll implement such "advanced" features. They showed that they simply don't want to.

And if anything, it's likely to be saved for PS5... because only it can handle it. :)

Would be glad to be wrong.
OnyxVector
OnyxVector
Posted on 17 May 19 at 23:29
Yeah, I have a feeling that any tracking will be implemented for future releases and may not be applied to older games. Still, it's nice to see Sony at least considering trophies to still be a feature worthy of scrutiny/adjustments.

Should be interesting.
LEFT__4__DEAD__2
Posted on 18 May 19 at 02:57
This good, i wanted name change, trophies progress feature and gifting :)
Panache! - Reincarnation!
SilentJay76_
Posted on 18 May 19 at 11:07, Edited on 18 May 19 at 11:08 by SilentJay76_
NxtDoc1851 said:

New article, same old "Xbox is shit" comment from this guy. roll
xTwoFace619x
xTwoFace619x
Posted on 19 May 19 at 08:11
SilentJay76_ said:
NxtDoc1851 said:

New article, same old "Xbox is shit" comment from this guy. roll
He only speaks the truth :)
7 Years xbox Fanboy and now i come back to Sony and grow to a sony fanboy... PS4 i coming :-)
SilentJay76_
Posted on 19 May 19 at 10:02
xTwoFace619x said:
SilentJay76_ said:
NxtDoc1851 said:

New article, same old {#}Xbox is shit{#} comment from this guy. roll
He only speaks the truth :)
Except that PS is getting these "innovative" features a mere 6 years after Xbox (where they're working fine, btw.)

There might be some justified criticisms of Microsoft/Xbox, but this isn't one of them.

I also can't help but wonder whether you two are aware that being a "fanboy" is a negative trait. You seem to be awfully proud of it, judging by your signatures.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.