Industry News Forum

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TT Newshounds can start threads here.

PlayStation 5 Patent Uses Mobile Phones as Alternative to Dualshock Controllers

AuthorMessage
Punkyliar
Punkyliar
Posted on 13 May 19 at 13:56
Taking the next step

Please click here to read the story: PlayStation 5 Patent Uses Mobile Phones as Alternative to Dualshock Controllers
mysticmosh
mysticmosh
Posted on 13 May 19 at 14:10
Hope it never happens. Sorry for being a dinosaur but let's just put down the mobiles for one minute and just have proper controllers!.
CurlyJo16
CurlyJo16
Posted on 13 May 19 at 15:24
mysticmosh said:
Hope it never happens. Sorry for being a dinosaur but let's just put down the mobiles for one minute and just have proper controllers!.
+1
merciful84
merciful84
Posted on 13 May 19 at 15:32
roll

YAAAAH - more ways of using my phone that I never asked for and to drain its battery even faster!!!
daemont101
daemont101
Posted on 13 May 19 at 17:21
And when I’m getting texts or phone calls ensuring that I can’t play and talk or answer a text...yay
SolaceCreed
SolaceCreed
Posted on 13 May 19 at 17:52
Harry, stop phoning me, I'm trying to play Darksiders, you twit.
MobiusEvalon
Posted on 13 May 19 at 19:46
Look at how many times we have seen failure in input mechanisms that try to replace a controller. Let's just stop trying to make this happen.

I even turned off motion control on my Switch controllers because it made my bow and arrow in Breath of the Wild jitter about when I was trying to kill things.
strifekun
strifekun
Posted on 13 May 19 at 20:46
Ugh no. Not a fan of this. Hope this is just a patent claim and they don't actually do this because what a bad idea.
darkchris23
darkchris23
Posted on 13 May 19 at 21:48
CurlyJo16 said:
mysticmosh said:
+1
+1 as well
YamatoMayCry
Posted on 13 May 19 at 22:09
Nope. This is why I won't ever hop on the VR trend. No controller? Not interested.
GT: FleetingJoy
LEFT__4__DEAD__2
Posted on 13 May 19 at 22:17
I dont use motion either i prefer normal DUALSHOCK thank you :)
Panache! - Reincarnation!
NxtDutch
NxtDutch
Posted on 13 May 19 at 23:28, Edited on 13 May 19 at 23:30 by NxtDutch
Dear God... No thanks. I'll just use a controller thank you.

The new generation of gamer (& I use that term VERY lightly) is just making game experiences awful. Pay to Play, Pay to Skip, and Pay to Win Micro-transactions & Loot Boxes. And they want to play Cell Phones... ugh

Thankfully Sony PlayStation is slow to change. And I personally love it.
Poor Xbox fans. Phil's putting Xbox IP's everywhere, with free access to XBL. More Hardware announcements than games. What a joke platform
Soragoof
Soragoof
Posted on 14 May 19 at 00:48
Not a fan of this at all. I much prefer my controller in hand. I already don't like using my phone for mobile games, no interest in replacing it on my consoles.
SolaceCreed
SolaceCreed
Posted on 14 May 19 at 06:24
YamatoMayCry said:
Nope. This is why I won't ever hop on the VR trend. No controller? Not interested.
PSVR uses the dualshock controller
LEFT__4__DEAD__2
Posted on 14 May 19 at 06:41, Edited on 14 May 19 at 06:44 by LEFT__4__DEAD__2
SolaceCreed said:
YamatoMayCry said:
PSVR uses the dualshock controller
hes talking about if it goes towards motion controller only like PlayStation move only gameplay, its not bad its actually fun but dont get rid of DUALSHOCK play for move play, move should be optional unless its a full dive VR like Sword Art Online :) :O
Panache! - Reincarnation!
liveAlexios
liveAlexios
Posted on 14 May 19 at 08:59
Phone control is good feature
but input lag is way too high
Goldenfoxx
Goldenfoxx
Posted on 15 May 19 at 08:05
I kind of like the idea of being able to hang my phone up on my monitor as a rearview mirror in racing games.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueTrophies to track your games and trophies correctly, we need to be able to access your trophy information. If your trophies are not being scanned, it is likely that your PlayStation account privacy settings need reconfiguring - it is possible to do this via a console.

1. Start up your console and navigate to and press the "Settings" button on the dashboard

2. Select "Account Management" on the settings screen

3. Select "Privacy Settings" on the account management screen

4. Select "Games" in the privacy settings screen

5. Select "Trophies" in the following screen

6. Change the value to "Anyone" and press "Confirm"